Sadly the time has come to say goodbye to this thread. Many of these features have found their home in Titan where development continues beyond the limitations of older hardware. Therefore I have created a new Titan-specific requests topic.
I will leave this here for posterity.
- key: |personal highest priority!| |fix or feature?...||implemented!|
1) Virtual Dimmer: Defined in personality file. Attribute will multiply assigned attributes by x%. (Mainly for LED fixtures.)
2) PB Swop in Takeover: Implementation of normal Swop functionality in RMT. (Would require user setting to toggle filtered palette.)
3) [clear] & raised presets: Proposed change so active preset values are never removed following change of Fixture Page. (Current implementation is dangerous and nonsensical IMO)
4) Memory Master & PB's: Lower/raise MM should reload PB's with original content and not take from current page (Identical to the Swop fix in RMN).
5) Shape Size/Speed control by wheel: Connect/Autoconnect (ChiekuRs) (A valuable improvement on the compromising timed fader/mode 2 option.)
6) Multiple Delete: Allow range of PB's (and palettes via Preset Add?) to be deleted. Hold Swop1 and then Swop2, [enter] to confirm on prompt. (Saves time/button presses.)
7) Preset Master Add in RMT: Propose change to allow. (Currently it has no purpose.)
8 ) Preset Master control over programmer: User setting (or Quick Key?) to toggle allow/disallow. (Useful for outputting to stage in RMT with master at zero.)
9) Remove Shapes for selected Fixtures in RMT: An invaluable facility to temporarily remove shapes. Currently the only way is an awkward cheat.
10) Fixture override by attribute in RMT: Ability to take control of one or more attributes with priority over palettes or PB's. (MichSuS)[
11) Locate/no dimmer: (Useful when in a 'showtime' situation.)
12) Store/Edit/Delete/Legend via palette softbuttons: (Would me much more intuitive than current methods.) (CoenCo)
13) Numerical Palette Delete: To allow deletion of palettes 121-200. Currently this is not possible. Number could be entered after pressing [delete].
14) Chase Legend in LCD: Display connected chase legend underneath page legend.
15) Highlight selected in LCD: Use invertext text to show location of values in LCD for any selected fixtures.
16) New Highlight user setting: Highlight to use colour/gobo (ie. open white) instead of dimmer with 'lowlight' fixtures remaining visible in current state. (iCe)
17) Ignore Focus Mask user setting: Store and recall of palettes will ignore selected attribute. (Iain)
18 ) [shift] select upper bank palettes: Gives two ways of accessing palettes 31-120 via Preset Add and access to 121-150. (and/or by upper bank Fixture Page selection) (ChiekuRs)
19) Control chase speed/x-fade in 'Stopped' state: Abililty to 'preset' speed/x-fade by connecting to a currently inactive Chase. (ChiekuRs)
20) Shapes in palettes: Ability to store shapes in palettes (? I'm not sure if this is at all possible ?) (ChiekuRs)
21) 'Locate' while patching: Highlight Dimmer/DMX channel while patching. (CoenCo)
22) Tap Tempo: Implement averaging? Tap to full chase length (user setting/quick key?) Tap rhythm? (Mystic)
23) Extract personalities from cache: Save cache to disk option. (Low_ID)
24) Max DMX channels by universe: Option to define according to output. (ChiekuRs)
25) Swop kill% master user setting: Option to define a value for non-'swopped' fixtures to drop to, instead of zero. (Mystic)
26) 'UnSwoppable' fixtures: Ability to define fixtures or DMX values as 'never lose on swop'. (Mystic)
27) Record by Fixture: new options - without Dimmer, without PT, without Dimmer&PT. (Oz)
28 ) 'Inverted' OFF: Turn off all but selected attribute. (ChiekuRs)
29) PB Swop as Add user setting: Change functionality of Swop in RMT. Useful for two flash intensities defined by masters. (nrdark92)
30) Other PB Add/Swop functionality: Such as start/stop chase. Possibly per PB defined by Edit Times menu. Could be combined with the above? (ChiekuRs)
31) VDU Fixture&Attributes: Make clear which values relate to which parameters, similarly in LCD if possible. (CoenCo)
32) Auto Show: Useful for support bands.
33) Auto Program: Useful when the soundcheck highlights 'issues'.
34) Some odds: I didn't quite understand! (vincent)
Other 'dream' stuff:
Combine chases - would be great, but obvious questions over chase length mis-match and duplicate LTP attribute priority etc.
Memory/Chase/Shape to Preset - also nice, but would break the philosophy of the Pearl not to mention countless other issues.
+ Keep suggestions sensible - remember this is a software and not hardware wish-list. There are some considerable restrictions in the ageing Pearl not least the code space size and processor speed.
+ Keep to one suggestion per post, for easier viewing.
+ Make sure you are 100% familiar with the Pearl before jumping in with suggestions which may already be possible! If in doubt have a good look through the manual before posting.
+ Obviously ideas should be based on the latest build.
+ Try to avoid being vague. Make suggestions as specific as possible.
+ Don't stray 'off-topic' - this is not the place for criticism.
+ Double-check suggestion is not already in the list!
/Edit2: Added compiled list with details. Removed some text. (2/5/06)