Pearl Expert V6, crash and lag after update

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

tobbel

Pearl Expert V6, crash and lag after update

Postby tobbel » 28 Aug 2012, 14:58

Hi!

Recently I updated to V6. Smooth experience until this Friday, when I started to get some lag and delays. When activating a pallet and fader at the same time one of them got caught behind. Exactly like in Peal 2004.
This happens at random instances and follow no apparent pattern.

On Saturday before showtime I highlighted a group of fixtures and the console froze. One reboot and it was fine, except for some lag and delays.

I also get the same Windows error message described in the other thread on this board.
Would love a reply and thoughts about this.

With best regards
Tobias
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Aug 2012, 16:45

I will forward to the best person regarding the lag to see what is happening.

About the error message, is this the one on shutdown? If so this is being investigated.
jesperspier

Same kind of issue

Postby jesperspier » 29 Aug 2012, 15:55

Hi,

We recently updated two of our Pearl Expert's. They also have a lag/delay issue. Mostly on the fixuregroups. Sometimes its reacts that late, you push the "button" again cause you think it don't work, after a second you will see it select and deselect again... :(
I hope the problem will be found soon!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Aug 2012, 19:22

Just to confirm, all issues reported here and elsewhere are read and taken very seriously even if there is no immediate response. Someone will contact you personally regarding this matter although it may take a few days to do this thoroughly so please be patient.

The more information that can be provided the better, particularly where the problem can be repeated consistently following a set of instructions (including the use of an existing showfile). So it would really help if you can have this ready but please do not feel obliged to spend time on this if you are busy.
tobbel

Postby tobbel » 29 Aug 2012, 19:56

Hi again and thanks for the reply!

The shutdown issue I was mentioning is indeed the one under investigation. Titan shell does not shutdown before Windows.

The crash/freeze occured once again. When selecting a group of fixtures and highlighting them. I try to notice a pattern or other actions that may affect. But at this point it just seems random.

With best regards,
Tobias
SKD

Postby SKD » 09 Sep 2012, 13:00

Hi,

We have had some problems with our consoles as well after upgrading..

We are using the Tiger Touch and the Pearl Expert with touch wing.

The same problems have been seen on both consoles.

The consoles have been patched with 16 x Martin Mac 101 and 14 dim channels on the same univers.

When applying an shape generator pan fade. and then sets a 4 sec. colour fade, the consoles make a awfull lag. It starts the fade but then lag doing the fade, and then continues the fade very fast.

Kind regards
Søren Dalgaard
Soundandlight.dk
StijnS

Postby StijnS » 16 Sep 2012, 11:12

I have also problems with our Pearl Expert running Titan V6. Chases that "hang" for a while, stuttering shapes, flash buttons that respond too late...

An Avolites technician at Plasa suggested that maybe the RAM was dying, so I ran Memtest86 on the desk, but it didn't reveal any problems. Reinstalling the software also didn't help.

Maybe upgrading to Windows 7 was a very bad idea? :wink:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Sep 2012, 23:22

Indeed.

I will add yourself and SKD to the list and push this again.
Martijn

Postby Martijn » 22 Sep 2012, 14:13

Here also problems with lagg after updating to V6
i have a expert with touch wing and a tiger touch.
After installing V6 both desk on different shows programmed from 0 have lagg.

lagg > desk don't respont for half a second. running chases en shapes freeze for half a second.
illumn8r

Postby illumn8r » 23 Sep 2012, 01:12

I too have been have occasional problems since upgrading to v6, from freezes (nothing works, have to reboot console) to crashes on shutdown (when d4 has to be force quit) to lag (hit a bump or a palette and no reaction for a half second). No particular rhyme or reason to what is happening when this occurs (not the same bump or palette or sequence of events or anything).

Dave
JB Toby

V6 Lag (pause)

Postby JB Toby » 24 Sep 2012, 22:14

Hi all

We are aware of this issue with some V6 shows and want to apologise for this.

A significant part of the software team is working on a solution, which we will send out as soon as we feel confident it resolves this.

Either Oliver or myself will update this thread to keep you informed

Again apologies

JB
J.B.Toby
Technical Director
Avolites limited
184 Park Avenue Park Royal
London NW10 7XL UK
Tel +44(0)20 8965 8522
Tel +44(0)20 8965 0290
email: jb "insert AT sign here" avolites.com

sory need to fend of spam
illumn8r

Postby illumn8r » 05 Oct 2012, 21:29

I'm wondering if it may have something to do with multi-tasking, I use the flash buttons a lot (lots of static looks back and forth, drum par looks etc.) and I seem to get lag sometimes when holding a flash and hitting other flash buttons or hitting a palette. Also, I had a freeze today that happened when I went to update a palette and the console froze then gave an error that it crashed during a save (an auto-save I am assuming) so the problems seem to occur during multi-tasking.
SKD

Postby SKD » 10 Oct 2012, 12:53

Hi there,

Is there any news in this matter?

Is it possible to downgrade to an older software, without these problems?

It's not funny that the whole hog and chamsys guy's are laughing at us:(
StijnS

Postby StijnS » 10 Oct 2012, 18:10

I had contact with people at Avolites, and they confirmed that it is possible to perform a downgrade using the recovery image that is available on the Avolites website.
It's a temporary fix, I hope they can release v6.1 as soon as possible!
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 14 Oct 2012, 02:51

hi there,

Here the same problems: updated from V5 >> V6 last week and did the first live gig tonight.

When using the flash buttons a lot (strobo's, blinds etc) i also experience delay's and during the update and testing on V6 with my showfiles and fixtures i also got a error on shutting down the console with Titan Shell not shutting down....... but that happened just once

In the release notes there is written a special directory for user personality files.
The console should search this dir first too see if you are using your own personality instead of the AVO ones.
There should be a folder: My documents/Titan/Personalities but i can't find that dir.
Maybe someone can tell me the exact adres? c:/.........
. . : : B a s V a l : : . .

www.BasVal.nl
www.deSenaat.nl