V6 and touch display

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

frontal

V6 and touch display

Postby frontal » 14 Aug 2012, 18:54

Hello,

I have just upgraded to V6 on my Tiger Touch and I was wondering if is possible to connect an external touch-display, and also have the possibilities to also use the touch-features on that one as well as on the internal display?

I have connected a LG T1710 display, and also loaded its driver and connected its USB cable, but I cannot touch the display and have it working?

Any suggestion or advise?

Regards,
Kurt
Regards,
Kurt Naeslund
StageWorks
SLS

Postby SLS » 15 Aug 2012, 11:51

Yes, you can do this. You must have the touch screen drivers installed first and set windows display settings to have 2 monitors.
Make sure that this all works first in windows.
Start Titan Mobile and press the avo key and the user settings (B)
scroll through the options to montor options and select the 2 screens options. Press exit to get back to normal
click the 'i' on the panel you want to move, you then have the option to put the panels on the second monitor and at the size that you want.
Only problem in widows 7 is you need to use a sliding motion with your finger when using touch screen.
Have fun
frontal

Postby frontal » 15 Aug 2012, 12:18

I have already both monitor visible in display settings in Win, and the external monitor works as well. Its just the touch-feature that doesnt work...
Regards,

Kurt Naeslund

StageWorks
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 15 Aug 2012, 12:31

Hello,

Usually you will need to use the utility applications supplied with the touchscreen to assign which display the touch input should be associated with. Once that is done the touchscreen may need to be calibrated so that the touches move the mouse cursor to the correct place.

If the drivers do not come with any utilities you can check to see if the touchscreen is detected as a Windows 7 touch device in Control Panel. If it is, there will be 2 icons "Tablet PC" and "Pen and Touch", in which case open the "Tablet PC" settings to assign the display and calibrate it.

Gregory
frontal

Postby frontal » 15 Aug 2012, 12:42

hmm, interesting...:-), I will have to investigate some more then.
Regards,

Kurt Naeslund

StageWorks
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 15 Aug 2012, 19:20

I am using the Iiyama T1931SR on a Tiger Touch; this touch screen is one of the 'recommended' for Titan v5 - essentially, on v5, I simply hooked it up, and it worked -- without any additional drivers installed or being calibrated.

However, on v6, I had to install the Iiyama drivers to make it working. I just asked Avolites whetehr this is a 'supported' procedure, and will post the answer here; maybe one of the Avo guys answers directly.

Please note that the Iiyama driver program has a checkbox for 'multiple Touchscreen support' - maybe this is the crucial thing, since Windows 7 itself doesn't support multiple touch devices (found in Microsoft knowledge base).
frontal

Postby frontal » 15 Aug 2012, 19:23

Yeah, I am starting to worrie that my brand new LG isnt supported the way you describe yours is working.
I mean, the LG is working, but not with touch. As soon as I touch the LG, the selection is being made on the default internal Tiger Touch-monitor...

Regards,
Kurt
Regards,

Kurt Naeslund

StageWorks
frontal

Postby frontal » 15 Aug 2012, 19:25

If someone still can help with my LG it would be awesome...
Regards,

Kurt Naeslund

StageWorks
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 11 Oct 2012, 18:46

Hi

i updated to V6 and am also using Iiyama T1931SR in Tiger Touch

My screen shows 2nd but the touch function won't work

so i think i need to install the drivers

wich drivers do i need? for Windows Embedded or W7 and what do i have to do after installing?

Bas
. . : : B a s V a l : : . .

www.BasVal.nl
www.deSenaat.nl
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 11 Oct 2012, 19:02

Go to the vendor's website http://www.iiyama.com/gl_en/support/customer-service/ , search for the 1931, open the Downloads section - it's a one-fits-all driver: Windows7_2k_XP_Vista_Touch.zip
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 11 Oct 2012, 19:11

i'm installing the package now

what do i have to do after install?

do i have to configure anything so the console knows what touch device is screen 1 or 2?

www.BasVal.nl

www.deSenaat.nl
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 11 Oct 2012, 20:33

finally it worked out

thnx 2 sebastian :wink:

www.BasVal.nl

www.deSenaat.nl
frontal

Postby frontal » 11 Oct 2012, 20:59

Wow, so now you can use the touch-feature on the external as well?
Regards,

Kurt Naeslund

StageWorks
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 11 Oct 2012, 21:25

Yes, that's possible (was possible before already). The way how to do it (and if it is possible) depends on the very touchscreen. In the case of the Iiyama, you need to install the driver, tell it which screen to work with, calibrate it, and that's it. Other screens might involve tweaking Windows settings. Then again others might already be compiled in (I was told ELO drivers are included with v6). And finally, if a touchscreen is not really W7-ready and no driver is available, maybe it doesn't work.
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 12 Oct 2012, 08:11

the Iylama prolite touchscreen is now working fine again, just like it was in V5

I had to install the driver (Windows7_2k_XP_Vista_Touch.zip) just like icke_siegen described incl the calibration.

I think i got confused because the calibration option from the Iylama screen (program files/touchkit) is only for the calibration of the 2nd screen.

the Tiger Touch screen is allready working and calibrated on it's own software.

After calibrating the 2nd screen i just had to turn of the annoying "bleeb on touch" sound and i could finally test Titan V6

I still have some issues with updated personality's but somebody is really helping me on that right now :D

Did someone else noticed that the console needs more time to start up on V6 ??

www.BasVal.nl

www.deSenaat.nl