Patch on Pearl 2004

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Christian

Patch on Pearl 2004

Postby Christian » 25 Mar 2004, 18:19

Hi dear avolites users!

Is there a function on the pearl 2004 wich make it possble to see the dmx channel "live" on stage before I patch it on a handle. (like the live function on a MA Lightcomander).

regards

christian
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 26 Mar 2004, 10:22

HI Christian

Yes this is certainly possible on the Pearl 2004. Bellow are instructions on how to do it.

1) Turn the key to Program
2) Select the Patch button
3) Select “Patch Utilities” on Softkey F
4) Select “Find Fixture” on Softkey E

You now need a VDU Screen connected to continue. The desk should display a prompt “Find Fixture” with dimmer selected, press enter. If you have other fixtures patched in the desk they will also be displayed here. This will then allow you to scroll through all the DMX channels on a specific Line using Wheel A. As you scroll through the DMX channels it will put the intensity at full. Alternatively you can enter a DMX channel by selecting “Input DMX” on Softkey G.

Hope this helps!

Olie
Avolites Software Team
Christian

Patch on pearl

Postby Christian » 26 Mar 2004, 21:53

Thanks for help. I´ll try this tomorrow. :-)

Olie wrote:HI Christian

Yes this is certainly possible on the Pearl 2004. Bellow are instructions on how to do it.

You now need a VDU Screen connected to continue. The desk should display a prompt “Find Fixture” with dimmer selected, press enter. If you have other fixtures patched in the desk they will also be displayed here. This will then allow you to scroll through all the DMX channels on a specific Line using Wheel A. As you scroll through the DMX channels it will put the intensity at full. Alternatively you can enter a DMX channel by selecting “Input DMX” on Softkey G.

Hope this helps!

Olie
Christian

Re: Patch on pearl

Postby Christian » 27 Mar 2004, 16:36

This function would be more helpful If I could patch the fixture in the "find fixture" mode direcly by pressing a fader swop.

regards christian :)
Christian wrote:Thanks for help. I´ll try this tomorrow. :-)

Olie wrote:HI Christian

Hope this helps!

Olie
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 29 Mar 2004, 11:02

Thanks for the sugestion. I also realised this when I was trying the feature out to write your reply. I have added it to my list of things to do.

Thanks again for your reply.

Olie
Avolites Software Team