Simulator problem after changing graphics card set up

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

independentLD

Simulator problem after changing graphics card set up

Postby independentLD » 05 Dec 2004, 21:00

Hope you can help me with a problem.

having decided I needed to use two monitors for PC, I got a graphics card with a VGA and DVI out and set them up using nvidia DualView software to manage screens.

After having too many problems with the card and the software I have uninstalled both and reinstated my original card with its drivers.

All software I run is now fine with two exceptions.

Pearl Sim and HogPC both boot up to the taskbar but I cannot view the windows to use them. I have unistalled both programs completely and reinstalled again with no success. I think the windows are stuck where the second screen was and I cannot seem to a way to reset them.

I realise this is probably not a problem with the Sim, but I do not seem to have this with other windows or software. The new graphics card and software did cause a few crashes before I got shot of them.

Thanks

Rob
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Dec 2004, 23:51

Hi Rob.

I have a similar setup.

This is almost certainly a windows problem and not the applications. Nview is a pain in the rear :roll:

I have two suggestions - reinstall Nview, run the app, right-click on the taskbar and select 'send window to... Display 1'. The only problem with this is it might not stay there - I have found that you sometimes have to right-click on the title bar of the app in the second screen to properly move it back - even drag and drop won't work.

Second option is to search somewhere like http://www.computing.net for similar problems, or at least the registry locations where window position and dimensions are stored.

HTH

nic
Low_ID

Postby Low_ID » 06 Dec 2004, 09:48

I had a similar problem with my desktop computer.

I solved it setting the screen resolution to higher values, like 1152x864 or 1600x1200.

I use a Toshiba Satellite setted usually at 1024x768. Changing to higher values allowed to me to pick-up the hidden window and return it to the main screen.

Obviously, not every card work with same values, but as it worked for me, maybe you are lucky and get succeeded.
Low_ID
independentLD

Thanks

Postby independentLD » 06 Dec 2004, 19:29

Dear all

Thanks for that. I had begun to suspect I might have to reinstall and adjust. I managed to sort out hogPC by right clicking on the taskbar and then using the hogPC menu ( on the Whole Hog logo ) to send windows to default positions.

Not so lucky with Sim though.

Oh well, I'd better do this before sending the Dual card and software back to suppliers.

Thanks again.

Rob