Titan Mobile and Midi-triggers

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

kox

Titan Mobile and Midi-triggers

Postby kox » 15 Apr 2012, 20:32

Hey guys

Are any of you using midi-triggers for your TM and what type are you using?

Midi-keyboards?
Drumpads?
BCF2000?
???
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 16 Apr 2012, 06:22

Using the BCF2000 quite frequently.

And set up some small MIDI keyboard for another user once.
barni

Postby barni » 16 Apr 2012, 23:47

how do you set up the BCF-2000 with the TM?

/Barni
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 17 Apr 2012, 07:34

Essentially, it's covered in the manual. You can drop me a mail or PN if you have specific problems.

Just two common pitfalls:
- the BCF2000 comes as default with MIDI out via USB only; you can verify MIDI output at the BCF by the green LEDs flashing when a fader is moved, and MIDI input at the desk with USB expert. To enable MIDI, you have to load another mode, like StandAlone-Mode 1. See the BCF manual section 4.1.2 for details.
- it's quite easy to make a MIDI trigger to a touch key, but select 'Hardware' as Trigegr type - which will give strange behavior, since the key profile usually is 'latch' - MIDI will toggling on/off that cue. Remember to select trigger type=Item, Action=Set Level.
barni

Postby barni » 17 Apr 2012, 08:19

aha it was the BCF-2k s midi i guess! I will try it as soon as possible!

Thank you!
dim_111

internal midi timecode

Postby dim_111 » 03 May 2012, 07:40

Hi!
Can I use internal midi timecode from applications such as Cubase or Vegas to synchronize events in Titan Mobile? Of course, I will use virtual MIDI cable, such as MIDIYoke or Loopbe.
Thank you.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 03 May 2012, 11:52

I'd say the virtual MIDI cable won't work: Titan uses its own MIDI hardware and driver stack, and this virtual driver will not be capable of hooking up into this. I tried it very briefly, no luck - if you succeed, can you please post it here?

However, what I successfully did is using internal MIDI timecode from Reaper - but via a real USB-MIDI-Interface (on the Reaper PC) and a real MIDI cable.
AJGraham

Re: Titan Mobile and Midi-triggers

Postby AJGraham » 28 Feb 2019, 15:53

Hello all - Can anyone explain the extent of MIDI integration with the Titan Mobile?

How map-able are MIDI CCs across the console/application?

I ask because I recently bought a Titan One USB to learn the Avolites program with the aim of upgrading to a Mobile soon.

Is it possible to save MANY playback cues (e.g. for a full show) then have them triggered in sequence via MIDI? - The application for this would be to program a bands lighting show and have everything synced to click/the band performance... The aim is to have the same lighting 'show' every performance all planned in advance?

Also (maybe less relevant for Titan Mobile) but could a MIDI note/CC be mapped to a BPM master tap-tempo?
Gregory

Re: Titan Mobile and Midi-triggers

Postby Gregory » 02 Mar 2019, 19:06

The sort of control you are describing is normally achieved using MIDI Timecode (MTC) which Titan Mobile supports. For this you set timecode values in your cue lists which will fire the cue when the time is reached.

If you want to use MIDI triggers Titan supports Note On/Off, Control Change and Pitch Bend messages among others. You can either link a trigger to a physical hardware button/fader or to a handle (i.e. a playback, fixture or group) with the latter you can specify a variety of 'key profile' actions. There is also a learn function that can be used to listen for an incoming value when creating a trigger. There is no limit to the number of triggers you can have although each one is only linked to a single playback.

You should be able to open the Triggers window from the System menu to see the options even on TitanOne although you will be unable to receive any triggers.

It is possible to do tap tempo from a MIDI trigger however you normally need to do this by linking the trigger to the physical button where the BPM master is located meaning the master must be on the current page to work.