scrollers lose colour on the 2004

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

AtmosphErik

scrollers lose colour on the 2004

Postby AtmosphErik » 16 Nov 2004, 20:23

Something strange just happened on the Pearl 2004 (with 2004 software):

I'm running a show, including some scrollers, and I'm working in take-over mode:
- I select a color for the scrollers using the preset focus
- I don't "clear"
- I accidentally pull down the Grand Master a bit
- THE SCROLLERS LOSE THEIR COLOR!!!

Now of course, I'm staying away from the GM now, but I'm curious, so I try it again, but this time I "clear" first, and guess what... Nothing out of the ordinary happens...

What's more, my dataflash keeps it's preset-focus defined speed value, "clear" or not...

Can anyone tell me waht this is, I don't remenber the old software doing this...

It's almost time for the second band, I'm bringing in TechnoBeams now, let's see waht they do...

erik
:twisted:
AtmosphErik

... and something else...

Postby AtmosphErik » 16 Nov 2004, 22:03

... also in takeover mode:

i fade up some dimmers (frontlight in this case) on the A-bank, but when i press clear, the channels go down, even though i've left the faders up...

... didn't run into the previous problem, but then, i didn't try, it was a pretty wild band....

:evil:
erik
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Nov 2004, 23:50

Sorry, couldn't resist a reply...!

Both are known problems. I have not experienced the GM controlling colour attribute as I have GM broken :roll: but Avo are aware. This only applies to colour as far as I know.

Did you mean Preset Bank B (top) ? I have experienced this problem but not with A. Also I found it is only a problem if you change Fixture Page, ie. on pressing [clear] values do not load for the new page and it acts as if faders are at zero, even if you then try and go back to the original page. I've only messed up once with this :oops:

I found it is fine to raise raders on either preset and press [clear] so long as you don't change Fixture Page.

Doesn't solve the problem, but at least you know it DID happen! I know what you mean about wild bands ... :shock: - me after a 'busy' show!

Nic
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 17 Nov 2004, 10:02

Yes we are aware of this problem and are endeavouring to fix it. So until then you may want to stay clear of the GM when applying palettes.
Avolites Software Team
AtmosphErik

Postby AtmosphErik » 18 Nov 2004, 10:18

then you're also aware that it also happens with other attributes (eg. gobo's on my TechnoBeams), so i'll consider this problem reported....

:cry:

erik
reFRACT

GM - attributes

Postby reFRACT » 08 Dec 2004, 19:04

I have verified this as well. Unfortunatly I need my GM. Can Avolites provide the forum with a release date on some of the bugs that are being reported with the new 2004 software. Of which is an amazing improvement over the 2000 releases. Thanks for your reply.