Titan Mobile software not loading

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

rsmck

Titan Mobile software not loading

Postby rsmck » 24 Jan 2012, 13:40

I run Titan Mobile under Windows 7 on an older generation MacBook Pro dedicated to the purpose - this has worked fine for months until recently when the software has been failing to load (hangs at the "Starting Titan" screen)

I've tried everything short of reinstalling windows (deleted the shutdown file, uninstalled everything avolites, deleted the folder, re-installed it, removed and re-installed Windows Updates / .net frameworks etc etc..) to no avail. Also tried a completely new user account and installed it there etc.

Anyone else experienced this sort of issue ? any suggestions what else I can try ?

As sods law would have it this happened right before a show but thankfully I was able to get away with running it within Parallels on OSX for the opening night and able to lay my hands on a spare windows laptop for the rest of the run.

Still haven't got it to load on the MacBook Pro that I had dedicated as my Titan machine though :(
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Jan 2012, 14:05

I'm wondering if this is something to do with dongle authentication. I will try to escalate to level 2 support...
rsmck

Postby rsmck » 24 Jan 2012, 14:09

Hi niclights, thanks, I did wonder myself but i would expect it to drop to Dongle Not Found ... on reviewing the logs it looks like Titan started up fine, and when I closed the window it recorded that properly as Titan shutting down as well ... but I never got the interface in between :P

I did try phoning Mark at the time but I was in the middle of nowhere in the Scottish Highlands and to be honest it was a bit of a lost cause trying to get a phone signal let alone talk through this problem, so Parallels it was ; )