Azure 2000: Next Soft Upgrade?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

lighting2000

Azure 2000: Next Soft Upgrade?

Postby lighting2000 » 04 Nov 2004, 13:08

Hi, does anyone know when an Azure Soft update will be available?

Thanks
Vincent

Postby Vincent » 09 Nov 2004, 16:06

I think it will take a while, looking at the priorities the folks set (Diamond 4 and Pearl 2004). Also, I have the feeling that the Azure has reached its limit for performances. Adding cue-lists and shapes in chases will probably only make the desk unreliable, something that's happening already with the actual software.

I even think that first there will be a new software version for the Saphire 2000 before the Azure.

But some ideas for the desk:

- Now the Azure handles the memories as SWOP by column (only one memory/chase per column). I would like to have an option that sets SWOP zones where only one memory/chase could be played. For instance the second and third column would be a color selector.

- Apparently the shared palettes don't work. If you select one fixture and record it, the palette only works for this palette, not all the fixtures.

- I want better reliability when programming, not another 'please roll to roller page B and press enter'. That one is clearly taken from the pearl.

- Sometimes for no reason the desk refuses to output a channel.

- I would like to have an exact dmx delay number, not in steps of 10. Some fixtures require an exact setting (lame fixtures, I know, but still).

- An immediate exit from the chase parameters menu when stopping the chase or when connecting another chase or when flashing a memory/chase.

- An option that would specify whether the environments work as ADD or SWOP.

- Use the BACK button on the chase control to reverse the chase.

A have another few but I can't come up on them.