Patching Help Needed on the Tiger Touch

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

foolstar

Patching Help Needed on the Tiger Touch

Postby foolstar » 21 Nov 2011, 16:11

Hello all!

I have a question about patching conventional dimmers on the Tiger Touch.

I have my plot patched for the first time on the first show which is no problem. Once I have arrived at the next show, I have have a completely different set of dimmer numbers and need to repatch. Unlike the older Pearl OS, The Touch will not let me simply repatch without parking those dimmers. Once those dimmers are "parked", will patching them again simply "unpark" them?

I am obviously not understanding what is happening, or am I? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, what is the best way to do a dimmer check? Lets say I arrive at a new show with a new rig and they have failed to provide a patch sheet. How can I run though all of the channels at 100% without patching? This would be a great feature but Im not sure it exists or how to do it.
Elli

Postby Elli » 21 Nov 2011, 18:22

Hello foolstar,

Patch-> Repatch -> Park is the normal Way to change the Adress for Fixture and Dimmer. When you park a Dimmer, the programming is maintained and you can patch it to a new adress.

To find out adresses in the Houserigg I have following workaround. I load a Show with 120 Dimmers ( most Time enough ) in a series, Highlight them with Fixture +1 and notice the adress with Pen and Paper. Advances not, but works. After I have patched all the new adresses, I store the show and restart the Desk. Sometimes I lose same Channels without restart.

If you wont a better way, read me post below your´s

GR, Elli
chriscockrill

Postby chriscockrill » 22 Nov 2011, 16:59

Simple enough. Thanks!!!