Touch screen

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

sture

Touch screen

Postby sture » 07 Nov 2011, 12:29

does anyone have a "list" of the touch screens out there that will work with tiger touch and expert?

sture
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 08 Nov 2011, 14:12

These are the ones that have drivers included in the V4 & V5 recovery:

NEC MultiSync LCD195VXM+
iiyama ProLite T1731SR
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 08 Nov 2011, 21:48

I know that tracking driver development is plainly a nightmare. However, Emma, those disüplays are not exactly state of the art. Maybe someone could - every now and then - suggest a new model or two?

Or else, if the driver which is included - or required - could be named, it would be easier to identify compatible models.
LJ-Jochem

Postby LJ-Jochem » 09 Nov 2011, 10:31

We are using the HP2310ti touch screen in combination with the Expert. Works all fine.
Without light, it's just radio...

Pearl Expert Titan
HP2310ti Touch Screen
Pearl Tiger
www.Brothers.nl
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 11 Nov 2011, 12:07

From my previous post here:
Gregory wrote:We have tested and used iiyama touch screens at various trade shows. The drivers for the 15", 17" and 19" resistive monitors are installed with the Titan v4.0 recovery CD/USB stick. Please note that the 22" widescreen monitor is not compatible with our consoles. We have also successfully tried the NEC MultiSync® LCD195VXM+. Other touch screen monitors may work however installing any drivers or hardware has the potential to make the console unstable or crash. If the HP driver does not include a calibration utility it may not be possible to use this monitor, for a monitor to work the drivers must support calibrating the monitor as a secondary display. Unfortunately it is not possible to support all touch screens and it is possible that manufacturers may change hardware or drivers so that even those mentioned above will no longer work.

In general for a touch screen to work they must:
  • Support Windows XP - monitors designed for Windows 7 will often not work.
  • Work as a secondary monitor - the VGA output on the console is always configured as a secondary monitor and should remain so, changing this setting may adversely effect the console software.

There is always the potential, when installing or using untested hardware or drivers, that it will cause the console to become unstable or crash. Due to the customised nature of Windows XP Embedded it is possible that installers or drivers designed for Windows XP will not function correctly as components available in the desktop version are not present on the console. If you do decide to use a touch screen monitor it is your responsibility to ensure that it is tested thoroughly before using it on a show; Avolites can not be held responsible for any third party hardware or software installed on the console.

Update: iiyama have recently released new touch screens with SAW sensors, these have not been tested with our consoles.
Last edited by Gregory on 05 Dec 2011, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
MickMurray

Touchscreen

Postby MickMurray » 27 Nov 2011, 11:15

I'm looking at making my own wing with touch screen / faders / executor buttons for my tiger touch livid instruments (maker of ohm midi controllers) have great modular solutions for buttons (can be programmed with a colour great for colour pallette buttons / cues) and faders. I 'm looking a for a good touch screen though something with the response / feel of the tiger touch / touch wing for expert ideally the same screen! Is the screen available as a seperate product or is it only for install in tiger touches?????? Any info would be great thanks!!!!!

P.S. Is there any plans to make a fader / executor / touch wing for tiger touch? Its a great desk it'd be great top make it even better.