Controlling cells of subfixtures

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

(iCe)

Controlling cells of subfixtures

Postby (iCe) » 03 Nov 2011, 18:13

First of all, I want to say the new v5 software is great again! I really like most of the new features and improvements. But of course, there's always room for improvement.

I was wondering how other users are handling the new subfixtures. The power you get with the pixel mapper is awesome, but it's at a cost; normal shape generator functions aren't possible any longer it seems?

Also, turning on some cells (sunstrip matrix for instance) to create a static image (text) has become even more difficult because now you have to unfold each fixture before it's possible to access the attributes.

But maybe I'm missing out on some clever tricks to do this in a more efficient way?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Nov 2011, 18:54

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about Shape Gen. It should be better now because in the past the shapefile had to specifically define all the various cells and their offsets which you would then have no control over.

Now you can, for example, unfold, select all the cells and apply standard dimmer or RGB shapes and have full control of spread & offset etc.

I agree there is room for improvement for unfold. I'm sure this is understood. One trick I use is to assign the cells to handles elsewhere which works fine alongside the fold/unfold. For example in a fixtures workspace following stage/fixture layout.