Pallet update bug?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

peter.rodda

Pallet update bug?

Postby peter.rodda » 01 Nov 2011, 11:59

I’ve had an issue recently where I was trying to update position pallets in a new venue and they would not update.

My sequence was:
CLEAR
Select group
Select position pallet “x”
Make some changes
Record
Position pallet “x”
Merge

Then when I tested it by clicking the pallet again, it went back to the old position?!? This only happened with some of the pallets.

I found a work around by using the pallet button on the key pad and selecting record pallet from there. That saved the updated positions, just with many more key presses.

But then last night all the pallets updated fine straight through the record button?

I see in version 5 the record pallet option has been removed from the record menu on the titan mobile.

I also see that the naming of pallets as S or N (shared or normal) is still not really correct. Most of my position pallets should be normal, and act as such, but are all shown to be Shared (S) after many updates through different venues.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Nov 2011, 13:09

The usual reason for this is forgetting you have set a mask on record. I would put money on it.

It is possible for the Shared/Normal indicator to get out of sync after merge. However, as you have realised it does not prevent them from working as intended. Hopefully the display issue can be resolved in a future version.
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 02 Nov 2011, 07:50

Was definately not a mask problem because it was the second group of fixtures I was updating positions for and the first group worked fine. The reason that I found it worked through the pallet button of the keypad was because I went to check the mask.

I have had it before where just one fixture would not save the new position. For example, I would select group "back truss spots", highlight, update position for each spot, record and merge onto same pallet, and then click another pallet to move the lights away, then click the pallet i had just saved to test it, and one fixture would not have updated. It happened repeatedly with the same fixture updating different pallets.

I also used to have the problem where only one fixture would update, but I think that was a result of having only one fixture selected after highlight. I now push the "all" button a few times before recording/updating pallets and it seems to work fine... But does that mean that "record by ..." affects recordig of pallets? Why?
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 02 Nov 2011, 14:19

Just happened to me again. With a group of robe colorspot 575s. Mask was set to position+beam. Would not update the new saved position through record, but worked through the pallet/record pallet way.

Could it be in the fixture personality?
Could it be in the way the group is saved? (it was the same group and fixtures that did not update before.
Could it be in the way the pallet was originally saved?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Nov 2011, 14:51

I don't know. Although is very unlikely to be personality.

I cannot repeat this. If you have time and manage to find a way to consistently repeat then it would be very useful to list all the steps here (preferably from a new show). There will be a particular pattern. Areas that I might focus on include user setting [always merge]/[prompt merge], palette record mode, shared/normal state of original and update, state of highlight, state of fixture selection at the time of merge.