any issues with shows from V4 to V5?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

peter.rodda

any issues with shows from V4 to V5?

Postby peter.rodda » 01 Nov 2011, 11:48

Has anyone noticed any differences by running shows in V5 that were programmed in V4?

Only differences I have so far are some of my executors that were set to flash now latch (so the key profile just changed and I must change it back). And that gobo scroll cues are acting differently.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Nov 2011, 13:33

I assume this was a deliberate change to latch as the more popular function. But it should be simple to adjust to flash.

Can you please explain in more detail about gobo scroll? I would guess this is related to 'fade across ranges' which was deliberately implemented to deal with problems such as a mode 2 fader working from CCW through CW spins and scrolls.
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 02 Nov 2011, 07:38

I'm glad about the latch becoming standard... Will just change the key profile myself again...

I think that the "fade across ranges" is exactly what is affecting the gobo scroll. I have cues where spots fly in from a high position to a down stage position. It was the previous cue presets them high with dimmer full and Congo colour, then the next cue changes to white, adds fast gobo scroll and moves to a straight down position on 2 sec fade time. The gobo scroll and colour used to snap in and the position would fade over 2 sec. I guess I must just add a snap cue between the two cues with 0 time to make the gobo scroll, and have the next cue follow after previous?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Nov 2011, 10:03

You should be able to do this all in the same cue using attribute times (set gobo to 0sec).
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 04 Nov 2011, 20:18

Nic, is there a quicker way to do this? Maybe some sophisticated Macro? I tried a while, no luck. It's really time-consuming to set the attributes you don't want to fade to 0sec for a bunch of cues.

It's stated elsewhere a bit more in-depth... that user for now downgraded to 4.1 :(
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Nov 2011, 20:58

Not that I can think of.

The fact you did not have to set times before was more a product of a limitation. Now at least you can fade across ranges which is important.

The solution is probably something similar to Classic instant/fade.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 04 Nov 2011, 23:57

To my mind, the trade-off between 'fade across ranges' and 'LTP always fading' sums up to a clear minus. (okay, the original problem stems from a fixture without ranges properly defined: Stairville MH-360. Fix written and submitted to John).

Fading/instant would be an immediate patch. What people would need is a user-firendly way of providing times whilst programming, which remain valid until changed, with proper default values. Like: you set dimmer and position to fade (which should be default), might give it a time, and all other attributes to instant or fade=0 (which should be default again). Then program your cues - and the previously times will be set for any cue you program from now on.

Change the times whilst programming - desk should ask you whether you want to take the new times as default.