Chases

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

light_doctor

Chases

Postby light_doctor » 24 Oct 2004, 22:30

Hi All

On a pearl 2000, how do you create chases so that the selected fixture goes between one colour to another.

Is it something that can be done on a shape generator.

Cheers
Dave
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Oct 2004, 02:02

Shocking question Dave! I will post instructions but you really should read the manual...

-Program mode.
-Start creating chase.
-Select fixtures.
-Select [Colour] Attribute.
-Set colour value with the wheel (or keypad or by recalling a palette)
-Store as step
-Set next value etc.
-Press [Chase] to finish creating

Press [Clear] *This is essential!
Raise relevant playback and set the speed using the wheels.

It is very important to understand the difference between Record by Fixture and Record by channel before programming
gym1339

Color Chase

Postby gym1339 » 25 Oct 2004, 06:58

Actually,

It isn't a shocking question: You can record a chase by fixture or by channel. The difference is how you want the chase to interact with other memories or chases. As far as the question of a shape generator, yes you can quickly make a color chase between one color to another; provided the fixture has CMY mixing abilities. Select fixtures, press softkey G "Shape Generator" press softkey A "Playback a shape." Pick number 4 for a spread of color changes like a rainbow...5 for all colors changing together....Set size and shape with wheels...If you don't like it press E Remove Shapes for selected fixtuers.

cheers,

GYM
light_doctor

Postby light_doctor » 25 Oct 2004, 08:10

Thank you for the feedback.

So basically the chase on moving lights are programmed the same way as chases on the dimming channels. And I guess you still have access to the SPEED and X Fade on the Jog Dials.

Thanks for the info on the Shape Generator, already knew about the one for the WASH effects, thats one I use regular :).

Cheers once again

Dave