Release Current Cue List Macro?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Symelighting

Release Current Cue List Macro?

Postby Symelighting » 25 Oct 2011, 20:40

Hello, can anyone help me with this one. I have created a cue list and saved it on one of the playbacks. I have noticed you can set a macro on a cue to release all playbacks. This is great but not good if you are busking a show when all your playbacks stop. lol. Is there a way of auto setting a cue list to release when it has reached the end and not release all of them. I don't want to manually release each cue list when busking. Any Ideas?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 25 Oct 2011, 22:00

You will need to write your own macro for this (<Macro>, [Record], ...) as described in the manual, and can invoke this macro in the last step of your cuelist.

Please be aware macros are handle-based, hence the macro will function something like 'release playback xy', rather than 'release calling cuelist'. Thus, you might e.g. need a macro 'release handle 5', and a different one 'release handle 10' - but then, each such macro does its job on page 1 as well as on page 59.

Cool feature, really. Only thing you might run into: if the cuelist is on 'wait for go', the cuelist might be killed or released, but stays connected. Thus, the next 'Go' starts it again. I didn't find a way to circumvent this, maybe someone has an idea (will I have to have a dummy cuelist somewhere, and include connecting this one in my macros?).
Symelighting

Postby Symelighting » 25 Oct 2011, 23:25

Hello there, Thanks for that! I shall try that right away. Great help!
Symelighting

Postby Symelighting » 26 Oct 2011, 00:17

Ok....new problem. When I save the show file the macros are not saved with the cue lists. Any reason for this or is this me being stupid or is this a bug?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Oct 2011, 00:53

Looks like a bug :(
Symelighting

Is this a Bug?

Postby Symelighting » 01 Nov 2011, 11:17

Does anyone know if this is a bug? When I save the show file with macros in cue lists and try an load the show again, the macros are not linked to the cue lists any more....I have to manually link them back up every time I load the show. Is there a way of saving and not having to do this? Or is this a bug and if so could we have a fix as soon as possible?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Nov 2011, 13:03

Unfortunately it does appear to be a bug and has been logged as such. I did look for a workaround but could not find one. Sorry.
PeterM

Postby PeterM » 19 Jan 2012, 10:19

will this bug (linked macro not saved in the show file) will be fixed in the next Titan release ?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 19 Jan 2012, 12:56

Yes
Symelighting

Postby Symelighting » 20 Jan 2012, 15:21

Any ideas when the Titan update will be released?
PeterM

Postby PeterM » 28 Jan 2012, 20:32

I am playing with macros for some time now and I think it would be nice to have a predefined macro for releasing or killing the current handle. I don't know if this can be implemented in Titan.

Reason for this : I can create a macro for releasing/killing a specific handle, but sometimes I like to move or copy cues/cuelists/chasers to another handle to have better layout after programming. What happens then is that the macro still releases/kills the orginal handle.
Anyway I hope macros can be saved very soon :-)
DMX

Re: Release Current Cue List Macro?

Postby DMX » 03 Aug 2015, 23:40

Please add a release current playback macro.. Or rewrite the macro system... So frustrating!
DMX

Re: Release Current Cue List Macro?

Postby DMX » 03 Aug 2015, 23:52

Actually.. Just add something to the playback options to release the current playback at end of list or something.. with a time option.

These key based macros are a pita.. The macro defined in this thread works great unless you happen to be selecting another playback at the same time the macro is running.. It's literally harder to get macros to interfere with other keystrokes on my Scancommander and that thing was made in 1990.. Just saying.

So much I love about Titan but the macro system just needs a complete re-write imo. So completely frustrating.