Using Tap Tempo in Chases

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

CSmithDesign

Using Tap Tempo in Chases

Postby CSmithDesign » 24 Oct 2011, 04:29

I just tested the "tap tempo" function on a chase and things are acting oddly.

I set up an 8 step chase with a key profile that sets the swop button to "tap tempo." I fired the cue and tapped to the beat, but I definitely didn't get chase steps going to the beat; they seem to be going a little bit faster than double time.

Am I correct that each time I "tap," that represents a beat? I'm hoping to be able to start a chase, tap the tempo for a little while to get it in time, and then start other things while that chase stays mostly on time (I know that it'll degrade eventually, but this would give me some time to do other things, then I can come back and reset the tempo again).

Does this function have known bugs? Are there settings to customize it?
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 24 Oct 2011, 09:16

I find tap tempo to be fairly in consistent, although I use it a lot. If I continuously tap a tempo at the same time, the bpm reading the desk puts on the chase jumps around within about 20 BPM. Even although I am consistently tapping the same tempo, it seems to read it differently. But I usually know what the actual tempo should be, so I just tap until it gives me the number I want and then leave it.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Oct 2011, 10:45

The tap works on pairs. It does not average. So you can tap 1-2 in time and it will change all steps over that period but 1-2-3 will probably not etc. Once you are aware of this it is fine.