What setup (pc/touchscreen) are you using for Titan Mobile?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

kox

What setup (pc/touchscreen) are you using for Titan Mobile?

Postby kox » 23 Oct 2011, 13:19

Hi all TM users

Show us your Titan Mobile setup...

Are you running TM on a:
Laptop with mouse?
Laptop with external touchscreen?
Laptop with build in touchscreen?

Right now I'm running on a small LG X110 10" netbook + 15" external LG touchscreen.
It works fine and only thing is that it takes time to connect it all, on a gig and also it takes up too much space in my bags.
2 Avo-bags stuffed...

I'm looking for something smaller and quicker to setup.

I've seen the Acer Iconia 6120 Dual Multitouch Laptop and it looks cool.
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/iconia

Have any of you tried this?

With 2 Multitouch Screens it will be posible to have easy access to everything I want.

Let me hear what you're thinking?

Kent Kox
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 23 Oct 2011, 18:25

At the moment I'm using TM on a 2 year old HP laptop, no external screen, no touch screen, but an external mouse.

Initially I wanted to buy an external touch screen, but I am actually much happier with one hand on a mouse and the other hand on the wheels of the TM panel. I really like how all the attribute selectors are right next to the wheels - I don't need to move my hand away from that area unless I need to dump something in a playback or do a few other things. Having the other hand on the mouse means I can click on anything with just a small movement of the wrist. Using the tiger touch's touch screen is actually more annoying for me because I need to move my hand around so much to push different parts of the touch screen.

So at the moment, I'm actually happier without the touch screen. For some playing back of shows and busking the touch screen would be nice, but for quick programming the touch screen just slows me down. And now that midi triggers are supported, I would rather have a grid of real buttons on a midi controller to push for pallets.

that I can push for pallet selection rather than the touch screen.
SLS

Postby SLS » 23 Oct 2011, 21:24

Hi, You can only run one screen with the present version(5.0) of Titan mobile. I belive that in version 6.0 it will allow 2 screens but we will have to wait and that may be some time off.
I am using TM with a 23'' all in one PC and it works well. I am also happy using the mouse and it somtime quicker than point the finger to the correct part of the screen.
The problem with a small laptop are the screens get a bit busy and if you are like me old, need a set of binoculars to see it.
kox

Postby kox » 23 Oct 2011, 21:51

@SLS:

I know that it's is not posible at the moment, to have the TM interface on 2 screens...

But could have the TM on the lower screen, as it is nice to press "down" instead of, on a upright screen.

Then I could have a floating window with Visualizer on the upper screen together with other stuff I wanted to see :o)

------------------------------------

I also look at a All-in-one PC, and the 20-24" is great and BIIIIGGG :o)
Bu also very BIG to carry around, and then the TM is not so mobile anymore...