Titan V5.0 Release

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Olie
Site Admin

Titan V5.0 Release

Postby Olie » 18 Oct 2011, 10:18

You can now download the Titan V5.0 software which is the latest software for our Titan range of consoles. This upgrade includes Pixel Mapper as well as many other new features.

Please visit http://support.avolites.com to download the software.
Avolites Software Team
hjige

Postby hjige » 18 Oct 2011, 12:43

Is there any explanation to the new features? The things I'm most interested in is how to change the 2D location for pixelmapping fixtures and how to make sub-fixtures.
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 19 Oct 2011, 22:29

Have you checked the release notes and the manual? All the new features, improvements etc are detailed in there :)
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
hjige

Postby hjige » 20 Oct 2011, 10:32

I've checked the release notes, and it tells all the features, but not how to implement them. I've been looking for the sub-fixture in particular, but also how to change the 2d layout for pixelmapping.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Oct 2011, 10:46

Hello,

If you want to know how to use already created fixtures then this should be covered in the manual.

However, as mentioned in the release notes not all fixtures have been converted at the time of writing. There is also a problem regarding manufacturer information on cell layout, especially in non-batten type fixtures (ie. 2x2 blinders etc.) meaning the layouts of those that have been converted are not necessarily correct.

The latest version of Personality Builder has the capability to create sub-fixtures and define cell layout but I don't think the release notes are finished yet.
If you need help with how to create sub-fixtures and the layout of the cells in a multi-cell fixture then please start a new thread in the Personality Builder forum I will try and do some sort of tutorial.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 21 Oct 2011, 12:08

Hello,

2D fixture layouts for pixel mapping effects are stored in groups; this allows you to create various different mappings for the same or different sets of fixtures. To access the the layout editor, from the Program menu press D [Shapes and Effects], B [Pixel Mapper], B [Edit Group Layout] and then select the group to edit.

Gregory