Preset focuses on a Pearl 2000, How do I edit them?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Tom Baldwin

Preset focuses on a Pearl 2000, How do I edit them?

Postby Tom Baldwin » 22 Mar 2004, 10:37

Arrgh!

I've been through the manual step by step, several times, and I can't seem to edit preset focuses on the Pearl successfully,

I seem to be struggling with the recall part. Let's say I've programmed a focus for one fixture, specifying PAN/TILT, IRIS/SHUTTER and COLOUR focus masks (focus mask hasn't been changed from the Wipeall default).

If I change all of these parameters, and then recall the preset focus via the lamps bank: the look is as I required it to be.

If I change the parameters back to some other setting, then try and edit the preset focus: (in program mode)
select LAMPS bank
hit the blue EDIT FOCUS key (all banks' lights illuminate)
hit the relevant Focus/Add button for the preset focus
.... and the Pearl recalls only PAN/TILT and IRIS/SHUTTER, but not colour - even though it recalled this successfully when I wasn't editing!

I've also had problems where the TILT values are recalled too high when editing, compared to a straight recall!

...and I've also had problems where parameters not in the original preset focus are recalled, for example, I create a blue preset focus, and store only colour information on the focus/ add button. When I recall this normally (via the lamps bank), I only see a colour change. When I recall this focus to edit it, the PAN/ TILT bank is modified as well as the colour!

The (hired) Pearl is running SP1.2 Sep22 2000

Cheers,

Tom
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 25 Mar 2004, 17:07

Hi Tom

The Edit Palette button only allows you to edit the Pan/Tilt part of a palette, as indicated by the prompt. Unfortunately the User manual has fallen out of synch with software updates and we will correct this situation in due course.

If you want to edit a Colour palette then all you need to do is:

• Press Clear
• Select the fixtures in the palette you want to edit
• Apply the palette, this will put all the information from the palette into the programmer
• Make any changes you wish in the programmer
• Re-record the palette

As for the wrong Pan/Tilt values being placed in the editor could you give me more information on this? When you say that they are being recalled “too high” what are the actual values, e.g. Record Value = ? , Recall Value = ?.

I hope this helps!

Olie
Avolites Software Team