Feature request: release to pallets

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

(iCe)

Feature request: release to pallets

Postby (iCe) » 18 Aug 2011, 11:08

I though we've covered this before, but I couldn't find it on the whishlist; so just to be sure...

I'd like to be able to program a chase which releases to pallet values too. The best possible example is a "bump to colour X" chase example. Let's say the colour is yellow in this case. I'd like to program a chase which, when run, bumps my fixtures to yellow and back to the orginal active colour selected by pallets. So when I select green via pallet, the chase should bump from green to yellow. If I select blue instead, the same chase would bump blue to yellow, etc.

At the moment release only works for playbacks and I'm not sure if a chase actually releases colour in between chase steps when a release mask is applied? Anyways, I don't really care about the implementation as long as I can get the above result :) Thanks!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 19 Aug 2011, 09:25

I'm fairly sure the need is well known. The best way to implement is another matter. At the moment there is no release per step, only per cue. In that regard release to quick palette works since v4 IIRC but I don't think yet available for 'non-quick' palettes (never found a good way to describe since 'normal' is out...)

I can't remember if I ever tried but you could have a go at a cue-list that autoloads cues which are all set to release. The obvious limitation is you can't change speed on the fly but it should work.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 19 Aug 2011, 20:18

Not being able to change the speed is a show stopper in almost all cases I'm afraid. How do other consoles do this, if they do?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 19 Aug 2011, 22:15

Speed... seems to be a different issue.

On other consoles there is somethng like a speed master -- which is somewhere in the TITAN wishlist, too (I'm told this might make it into v6). Maybe that's what you mean ?!? I'd expect it handling chase speeds as well as shape speeds.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 20 Aug 2011, 10:47

icke_siegen wrote:Speed... seems to be a different issue.

On other consoles there is somethng like a speed master -- which is somewhere in the TITAN wishlist, too (I'm told this might make it into v6). Maybe that's what you mean ?!? I'd expect it handling chase speeds as well as shape speeds.

Would solve it, what niclights means is that speed control on a cue list differs from a chase in the fact that you can't adapt it live. So as long as we need to use cue lists to get somewhat the same effect, it's not going to work.

Is there any news on a roadmap for v5 / v6 and the features to be implemented in those?