Shared pallets and normal pallets

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

peter.rodda

Shared pallets and normal pallets

Postby peter.rodda » 17 Aug 2011, 19:06

Is it possible to convert a shared pallet to a normal pallet?

Sometime I seem to get shared pallets in my position pallets, for example when programming a straight out position with only tilt information. Then I add other groups of fixtures to that pallet later on (or make minor adjustments due to venue changes) and because it is shared it causes them all the take the same values instead of saving the individual fixture values - for instance with a Fan position… or X X X type positions.

Otherwise is it possible to make all position pallets default to normal pallets always? (I can’t actually think of a need for a shared position pallet right now???)

(And what is the purpose of the "store" button when you go "record", "Pallet"? If I push it, it records a pallet, but does not assign it to a handle (but I can find it in the show library).
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 17 Aug 2011, 22:54

I don't think it's possible to 'convert' an existing pallette. However, simply call the pallette for the desired fixtures, and store it as a new (deliberately normal) pallette (by using the palette menu).

Storing a pallette (which automatically assigns it a number) and assigning it to a certain handle are two things which for ease of use are done at once by quick record. If you go the long way, you have to assign it manually. But if, instead of the 'Store' button, you hit a touch button once, you have exactly what you want. On the other hand, once you get used to really typewriting your desk, you'll find it useful to assign well-known pallette numbers, without asking for the touch button (same goes for groups, btw.)
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 18 Aug 2011, 09:37

Ok great! Thanks for the pallet shared/normal work around.

Then a related question on group and pallet numbers. I see in the library it assigns numbers like 0.1, 0.2 etc. Is everything that is recorded but not assigned given a number below 1? Or does 0.x refer to page one, 1.x refer to page two etc.?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 18 Aug 2011, 13:34

You're right, 0.x refers to page 1, 1.x refers to page 2, and so forth. This refers to the location, whereas the palette number is the number you may assign upon record. Palette number is used when recalling the palette.

If I am not mistaken, this behavior will slightly change in version 5: then, location will clearly state the pallette window, and the number will be 1.x for page 1, 2.x for page 2 etc