Playing back a macro n-times

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

(iCe)

Playing back a macro n-times

Postby (iCe) » 17 Aug 2011, 11:50

Hi,

Playing with macro's, I suddenly wondered whether it's possible to playback a macro a couple of times without having to hit the macro button for each playback.

Forinstance, suppose I wanted to create a white bump chase in 10 heads. I could create a macro recording every action in between steps and finish it by pressing the record chase step button. Now to program my chase, I would have to press the macro button ten times to record ten steps. Fine for ten steps, but now suppose there are a hundred steps involved. You get the picture.

What would be great is to have a mechanism like there is with fading pallets, i.e. press 10 - macro to execute the macro 10 times and 100 - macro to execute 100 times. Or perhaps I've been missing out and it's already there, but I couldn't find it.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 27 Aug 2011, 16:02

No one??
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 27 Aug 2011, 17:14

No, it's not possible (yet).

Well, would be a good idea for future versions, I think.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 05 Sep 2011, 18:28

If I understand you correctly, this should already be possible. From either the root menu or record chase menu, type in 10 and then select the button the macro is recorded on. I tried this on version 5 creating a dimmer chase across five fixtures but the ability to repeat macros appears to have been there since macros were introduced in version 2. To enter numeric values for attributes or macros in the record chase menu the step number field on softkey B should not be selected i.e. the text entry box should not be visible.
Lovel

Postby Lovel » 12 Sep 2011, 16:35

And if that shouldnt work you could always make a macro in which you press the chase making macro 100 times.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 12 Sep 2011, 21:28

Gregory wrote:If I understand you correctly, this should already be possible. From either the root menu or record chase menu, type in 10 and then select the button the macro is recorded on. I tried this on version 5 creating a dimmer chase across five fixtures but the ability to repeat macros appears to have been there since macros were introduced in version 2. To enter numeric values for attributes or macros in the record chase menu the step number field on softkey B should not be selected i.e. the text entry box should not be visible.

Huh, seriously? Then I must have overlooked it bigtime, will try soon! Thanks man!

@Lovel: lol, but that does indeed dramatically reduce the number of steps. Just a matter of counting right :) Thanks also!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Sep 2011, 10:00

Just to confirm this does work.