Titan Mobile Groups and Pallettes

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

CSmithDesign

Titan Mobile Groups and Pallettes

Postby CSmithDesign » 05 Aug 2011, 04:41

Hello,

It seems I'm going crazy here; I don't know what I'm missing. I record a group of MAC 700s, give it a legend, and place it in a groups button (number 1).

However, when I click this button (I don't have a touch screen right now), this group is not selected, I have to manually type in "Group 1 Enter." The same thing happens with pallettes; I have to manually type in which pallette to use and then the attributes are applied to the group I manually typed in.

However, I can select my fixtures by clicking on them.

Am I missing something here? Can I not select a group and then apply a pallette with two clicks?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone,

Chris
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 16 Aug 2011, 12:44

That's very odd, the only thing I can think is that perhaps the key profile has been changed and palettes and groups disabled. Hold down the shift (avo) key, and go to select key profile, and pick program mode - does this make a difference?
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
CSmithDesign

Postby CSmithDesign » 17 Aug 2011, 20:43

Hello Emma,

Yeah, I thought it was odd, too. However, I recently used my Titan Mobile on a show and the groups and palettes function worked as I would expect. The only difference is how I recorded the groups and palettes.

For example, I would just select a group of fixtures (either with my number pad or mouse), then select an empty group button and the easy record function would kick in. I provided a group user number and legend and clicked the empty button again (that was now red because it was being edited) and my group showed up.

By doing it this way, now all I had to do was click on the group button and all of my fixtures were selected as I would expect them to be; I could also apply palettes with another click as well.

So, the "fix" that I figured out was really a different way to record the group and/or palette. My other theory is that somehow the show file that I was using before was corrupt somehow, but I don't know, I haven't really tried to duplicate the problem yet.

Chris
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 17 Aug 2011, 21:26

I have had a similar issue where I couldnt select groups via the touch screen... but that was after the desk had been on and programming for over 24 hours, so I think the touch screen was just tired and stopped working. Switching the desk off for 30min and then reloading the show was enough to get it working again. Maybe you should try reload the show file and see if it still has the problem? maybe it was just a once off?