Remote on Titan Mobile

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

peter.rodda

Remote on Titan Mobile

Postby peter.rodda » 27 Jul 2011, 21:06

Hi,

I am trying to get the remote to work with my Titan Mobile, but I’m having issues…

At first I though it might be a problem with the D-Link Wireless Access Point that I got to use with it (which may be faulty it seems). So then I though, well, I could just try it out with my home network’s internet router? So, I checked the IP that the wireless DSL router has given my laptop (192.168.1.2). Then I connect my iphone to the network (and its ip is set by the DNS to 192.168.1.3). Then I go to Safari and put in http://192.168.1.2/remote/ and I get the message “Cannot Open Page – Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server.”

I tried putting the Routers IP into Safari, and it pops up with the username and password box to enter the router setup, so the network is working. My laptop is also able to surf the internet fine, so it seems everything is ok???

Am I doing something stupid? Have I not done a specific setting? Is there maybe a firewall issue of some sort? (I don’t thing I have any extra firewalls – even the windows one is disabled on my Laptop).

I have also searched the manual and I cannot find anything detailing the remote. I feel like I have seen something about it before though?

………………………………….

… And its just hit me… I just opened the Tiger Touch manual and saw that there is a chapter on the remote there, but that chapter in not in the titan mobile manual?!?!???

So does this mean that the remote is not supported with the Titan Mobile? OMG!!! If so, I would please like a detailed list of things that is NOT supported by the Titan Mobile! I have just bought a wireless access point for using the remote, and I saw others who had bought a second touch screen only to find out only one screen is supported with the mobile!

Further going through the Tiger Touch manual, it seems that there is no focus(pan/tilt) function on the remote? Is this correct? So it cant be used as a remote focus tool to update position pallets?

Sorry, this post seems to have turned into a rant, but I really could have used the last 3 hours of my life more constructively had I known :(
… I still love AVO.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Jul 2011, 21:54

I'd not paid any attention to this before but it doesn't look like Titan Remote is part of the mobile installer. I don't know why that is.

The first version of the remote is just intensities/playbacks with the main application being focusing of generics much like the original wired remote on previous consoles. As I understand an updated version is intended.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 27 Jul 2011, 21:56

Without any presumption towards what the Avo guys will say:

- well, yes, the remote doesn't work in Titan Mobile. Looking under the hood, it obviously relies on the presence of a webserver on the very machine (IIS on TiTo/PExp) - and, frankly, I am happy Avo didn't force me into having this on my notebook. It simply cannot be relied upon IIS being installed.
- However, and off the records, too, I know of >1 users who successfully use Teamviewer, VNC, and remotes alike to acchieve what you're asking for. Believe it or not, I don't possess a smartphone (yet), so no comments regarding usability (I guess your mileage will vary)
- generally, I am sure the remote overhaul is high on the future todo list - maybe you place the focus feature into the wishlist (I'd 100% second it)
- Other things you might miss on the mobile: master fader (there isn't any - everybody knows this), second monitor out (will be enabled in the near future, as stated elsewhere)

Yes, there still is a way to go, but we're onto it.

Sebastian
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 27 Jul 2011, 23:11

Thanks guys... You are always pretty quick to respond