Pearl 2004 slows down / Ver. 1.0 / 2004

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

haensle

Pearl 2004 slows down / Ver. 1.0 / 2004

Postby haensle » 12 Oct 2004, 07:54

Hello Avo's

at first please don't care about my bad english because I'm from germany --- thanks!!

is it normal that the consol slows down if for example thirty VL 3000 are patched? the refresh of the VDU / LCD sreen is very slow if you can see what you have done the next step of progamming is over.
If you select the fixtures the LED's switched on slow from 1 :arrow: 30.

If you press the stage fixture view buttom twice in the VDU "energising the paerl" is shown??!

If there are only 12 dimmer patched it is not possible to run a fast chase for 12 constant, there are slower and faster steps, the case is not the dimmer it worked with a MA Lighting 12/2

Thats it!!!! This time!!

Please please help me help meeeeeeheee!!!!
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 12 Oct 2004, 10:35

No this is definately not normal.

There are three things you can do to try and solve this problem.

1) After a long programming session the memory in the desk becomes very untidy. This will cause the desk to slow down. To clean up the memory all you need to do is switch from Program to Run mode (the clean up is also performed after recording a chase in the 2004 software).

2) You may have the Midi output of the desk set to Visualiser. Due to the amount of processing power needed to run Visualiser the desk slows down. Change this User Setting to Midi-Disabled.

3) If all the above fails then try a Wipe All and re-program the show.
Avolites Software Team
Granni

Ref. ur solutions for the slowdown

Postby Granni » 05 Feb 2005, 02:17

Hi,

Im using a Pearl 2004 also. And has experienced slows, will use ur methods to solve some of it.

However if i didnt do a programming prior viewing patches, or anytime i enter a menu with patch involved. The board slows down too. @ which point the only thing i knew how was to rest the board.

Im not an expert here, (correct me pls if im wrong) i know a bit bout computers & stuff, based on the board programmer concept of running the cues, i presume there is a set of RAM in the board that contains the current running cues? So if i experience slow-downs, its either this RAM is "dirty" or insufficient (can we add RAM?)

One of my frens commented that the more things we have stored in the board affects the performance of the board, ive also noticed this. If point 2 above is correct, then this should not happen? As the dormant cues should be stored in another (non-volatile) memory area (can we also upgrade this memory, hdd?)

Hope these helps as im getting slowdowns too.

Thanks
- Colin
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Feb 2005, 12:41

I have not experienced any slowdown. I have cues on almost all PB's/pages/facets.
What %free is shown in the LCD display?
Was the show you are using patched/programmed from scratch under 2004v1 or did it originate from 2000 soft?

(Note that there is no HDD in the Pearl)
Granni

Re:

Postby Granni » 07 Feb 2005, 13:40

Ive set eveyrthing from scratch in 2004. Im applying the solutioons from Olie.

There is no HDD, might i query where are the cues stored?
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 07 Feb 2005, 13:48

In RAM and it is maintained with a battery.
Avolites Software Team