Azure crashing

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Jamie Whitehouse

Azure crashing

Postby Jamie Whitehouse » 04 Jun 2011, 17:29

Hi all

Today I've taken an Azure on the road for the first time. It's been perfect in the warehouse during testing over the last few weeks however today I have had major problems. Thankfully I've got an alternative controller to get me by for the show.

Firstly the desk failed to boot, and I had to reset it. It then runs for about 10 minutes and then doesn't not respond to any commands. Also, following the third or fourth reset it lost the patch.

The event is generator powered (although it's a very high spec genny and seems to be outputting correctly). I have changed all supply cabling to rule that out. I have also opened the desk up to make sure everything is tight and secure.

Any ideas before I get it sent to Avo?

Many thanks

Jamie
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 08 Jun 2011, 11:08

Hi Jamie,

If you have hardware problems, your best port of call will ALWAYS be our service department for the most accurate, and often fastest, answers.

repairs@avolites.com

0208 965 8522 and ask for Lee

+44 07831 178 888 for out of hours tech support
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Jun 2011, 11:40

I think bad power was the conclusion:

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=47863
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 08 Jun 2011, 11:45

Still counts as hardware :wink:
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.
Jamie Whitehouse

Postby Jamie Whitehouse » 21 Jun 2011, 19:19

Thank you for the replies.

The problem is still there, have eliminated all other possibilities, so it must be the console.

Spoke to Tom in servicing today who was very helpful in suggesting things to try i.e. ensuring that 5v is being supplied the board, which I've tested and it seems fine. All cables are tight and secure.

It really is a mystery, as it's such an immaculate console, with Boris 3 motherboard and looks like it's never been opened.

Will need to have it sent to be looked at, just hope the problem can be found and cured.

Thanks