Best/Different Titan Mobile setups?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

peter.rodda

Best/Different Titan Mobile setups?

Postby peter.rodda » 25 May 2011, 08:59

Hi,

I was just wondering what setup other Titan Mobile users are using, and/or if AVO has a recommended setup (for instance, what setup does AVO use for its hire stock)?

Some people running it on a Mac? What Windows platform do you use?

On a PC? (What OS?)

On a Tablet type PC, on a Laptop, on a mini-pc/mac, on a mega-server?

Without a touch screen or with (and what type)?

Any particularly cool touchscreen stands?

All boxed together in a flight case? Or all separate components for flexibility?

Some pictures of setups would be really cool to!

Thanks!
Billyserious

Postby Billyserious » 25 May 2011, 21:00

I chose a tablet laptop for my setup. I got the HP touchsmart Tm2t, which is a really nice tablet, for the price probably the best. Windows 7 is fine for the OS, I cant imagine it really matters, if you are dedicating the computer to your console. There are things to consider however.

You can then fit your entire 12 universe rig literally into the AVO bag the mobile comes with.

The touchscreen is small with tablets, currently about the biggest size are 12.1" widescreens, which again, is great for portability, but the screen is small, and if you're using fingers, sometimes its a little more difficult to get the smaller buttons on your screen.

The touchscreen is not nearly as responsive as an oldschool resistive single touch monitor. in fact, you have to press and hold most of the time for the screen to register anything, and it really gets frustrating. because of this, I bought an ELO 15" screen, which then runs off the laptop, because it is 500% better in almost every way.

that leads to less mobility, but I promise you, if you're programming over a long day, you want that response, and button size. If I was renting it I would want that option as well.

If you do go the tablet route, also consider USB ports. The Mobile takes up two ports on its own, my touchscreen takes up a third...... there are only three USB ports on my tablet, so any notion of maybe having a USB desk lamp or something doesnt work anymore.

So, consider your application. For Ultimate mobility get a tablet and it will be just fine, just a little more effort with touches. (or just use a mouse.....)

For better programming maybe consider a small form factor computer (you dont need any good graphics or much processing) with a Resistive single touch monitor.

I posted my setup on the Avo facebook page, check it out.[/img]