Effect/Color mixing palatte separation/pearl 2000

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Billyserious

Effect/Color mixing palatte separation/pearl 2000

Postby Billyserious » 08 Oct 2004, 00:06

When building palattes, When I get to prism for mac 500's and try to save say a prism focus, it is saving all Effect AND color info, meaning that when I hit that preset focus, all color info is wiped, and vise-versa, when a color palatte button is pressed, the prism effect is wiped.

What I would like to do is be able to stack both colors and prisms with eachother, and have them independant of one another. but when you save a color focus it inclues all color mixing fields, even if the light doesnt suport color mixing, is there a way to correct this?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Oct 2004, 01:49

You may be in 'Record by Fixture'. You need 'Record by Channel'. This is selectable from user settings in System mode and possibly from Shift menu depending on software version.

You can also achieve this in 'Record by Fixture' by use of the OFF function to turn off any attributes you do not want stored. This is a bit of an awkward way to go about it though!

Though you can stack Colours and Prisms (Effects) this way, you will encounter problems recalling colours independantly of effects. The only way to separate them is to alter the Focus Mask - User Settings, 'specify attributes for bank' Softbutton. This will of course be a problem if you have any CMY fixtures!

Hope that helps,

Nic.