Pearl 2000/2004 and the Pulsar Masterpiece

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

thebigimage

Pearl 2000/2004 and the Pulsar Masterpiece

Postby thebigimage » 04 Oct 2004, 11:33

Hi
OK so having tried to use the Masterpiece for 8 moving heads I have decided it has to go. So if anyone knows of a second hand Pearl 2000 please contact me.
In the meantime I am looking forward to downloading and playing with the Pearl simulator and visualiser as I have never used an avolites console before. I'm sure I will not be disapointed!
As the masterpiece used the PILE ADD formula rather than HTP or LTP, I would be grateful for any comments from users who have worked on both consoles and general programming tips, as I will almost have to start again with my way of thinking in programming shows. All advice gratefully received!
Great to feel part of the new "family" of avolites users and LD's.
Keep up the good work and the free downloads! :D
Steve Underwood
The Big Image
www.thebigimage.co.uk
steve@thebigimage.co.uk
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Oct 2004, 13:53

Good choice!

Be aware that you need to buy the dongle to allow the simulator to communicate with the visualiser.
It can be a little fiddly to use, simply because you are using the mouse to move around the console, but certainly will help with understanding the desk.
It is also worth noting that the simulator is not without it's flaws (and bugs!) though a new version is on its way.

HTP and LTP are for the most part dealt with automatically by the fixture personalities. Probably the hardest thing to learn is patching and handles.

Beyond this, everything's fairly intuitive. One of the greatest assets of the desk is it's flexibility, allowing many different ways of operating. As you become more confident you will find your best method of programming/operating.

When you do get a console be sure to load it with the latest software as it has many useful features and some important bug fixes.

Best of luck,

Nic
thebigimage

Postby thebigimage » 04 Oct 2004, 18:41

Thanks for the bit of advice, Nic.
I was having a bit of trouble getting the vis and sim to talk!

Steve.
thebigimage

Now own a Pearl 2000

Postby thebigimage » 26 Nov 2004, 19:56

Further to my request for a second hand Pearl 2000, thanks to Peter and the team at Euro PA Hire (http://www.euro-pa.be) I now own one. This is great timing for a few events this Christmas.

All I need to do now is to find the tutorial and go play !

Cheers Peter !