touch function / suck function

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

MickMurray

touch function / suck function

Postby MickMurray » 20 Mar 2011, 04:56

Is there a touch function like on a hog for touching parameters, this is useful if programming and you want to hard block a parameter on a hog it works like this, touch and then press the attribute u want to suck into the programmer, suck is also useful as u can just take the parameters you want into the programmer, it would be kinda like include colour or include gobo , sorry to be asking for hog like functions but i'm a convert as i bought a tiger touch and certain things i'm used to doing in programming i'm not figuring out a way on the avo
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 20 Mar 2011, 15:54

When you're recording cues, if you just want to 'touch' all parameters into the programmer so they will be recorded, then you can use record by fixture mode (when you hit record cue, toggle the option on softkey A until it reads 'record by fixture'). If you want to just touch a single attribute, then if you just nudge the encoder so the value goes turquoise, or you touch the value on the attribute window then it will be in the programmer and get recorded.

If you want to 'suck' something back into the programmer, then like you say, include is the best way to do this. You can either 'quick include', which will pull all the information out of a cue into the programmer, or 'advanced include', where you can set a mask to pull only specific attributes or fixtures back into the programmer.
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
MickMurray

Thanks

Postby MickMurray » 21 Mar 2011, 15:53

Cool, thanks for that Emma