Stuck on fixture overlap for palettes on Titan

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

stuwoo

Stuck on fixture overlap for palettes on Titan

Postby stuwoo » 04 Mar 2011, 14:56

Hi, i am using a Expert running titan, having been playing with fixture overlap and transition times i have an overlap of 0% which i cant set back to 100%.
The board will only let me type a 1 or a zero, the other numbers don't work, even if i try to set fixture overlap to an intermediary value (89%)it resets to 0%
Any thoughts?
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 04 Mar 2011, 17:52

How strange, can you send me over your show emma@avolites.com.

What version of software are you running?
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 07 Mar 2011, 11:52

Thanks for sending the show over. I am assuming you mean the live fixture overlap when you type a number into the top menu in program mode, as your cues all seem to have 100% overlap set?

When you type in a number, the third softkey down will display the current overlap on the top, then the overlap value you will be setting below this. ie if you type in '53' it will show 'set overlap to 53%'. As soon as you hit the softkey to set this value, it will save your new value, and on the display the number will reset to 0.

There does seem to be some corruption in your showfile which is causing the display on the live palette fade to not display properly, here when I type in 100 it will only display '1', but when you save it then it will save at 100%. I have emailed your show to Mark to have a look at, but you should still be able to set the overlap values.
Emma Thompson

Training and Events

Avolites
stuwoo

Postby stuwoo » 08 Mar 2011, 17:57

It was live fixture overlap, i couldn't type any number into the overlap and it was always resetting back to 0% so each fixture moved sequentially,, the show seemed to become very unstable after this point and the desk locked up on me 3 times,
i was wondering if this could be anything to do with the fact we had been using the same show for a while ( different ops using same patch) and there is a lot of palettes stored in it (850+)
Could this be overloading the desk in some way?