off / clear release dimmer

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

(iCe)

off / clear release dimmer

Postby (iCe) » 23 Feb 2011, 21:58

I tried the new off / clear to fade the programmer today. Is this supposed to work with moving head dimmer channels too? I had a mac 250 programmed. Assigned dimmer output to a playback fader and cleared the programmer. Then I selected the dimmer channel, used the wheels to trim back the output to 0 and pressed off / clear. There seemed to be a wait time (but no fade) and then the dimmer snapped open again. Bug or supposed to work this way?
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 28 Feb 2011, 14:00

If you want to clear the programmer with a fade time, press 'off/release' first, and then clear, and it will clear in the master release time. If you want to clear in a different time, say 5 seconds, press '5', 'off/release' then 'clear'.
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Feb 2011, 14:08

I think the question was about timed release of HTP where the programmer is at a lower level than the playback.

At the moment if a playback has dimmers at 100% and the programmer at zero then the release doesn't fade the playback in to 100. Instead it waits the release time and then snaps to the playback value. I can't say if this is technically a bug or not but I can see it would be useful if it did fade.
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 28 Feb 2011, 14:15

My apologies, it should work with the syntax I wrote, but yes it is a bug Nic. I shall log it!
Emma Thompson

Training and Events

Avolites