Mix Playback (Chase)

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

CSWong

Mix Playback (Chase)

Postby CSWong » 27 Sep 2004, 03:17

Dear all, I'm just brough a used Rolacue Pearl 96 and I'm still new in Avolites. Can someone please help to advice me how could I mix 2 chase playback into 1 playback button. Desc Example, I do created a movement chase (Pan/tilt) at playback button 1 and also created a color chase at playback button 2. So how could I mix this 2 playback button into 1 playback button?? Beside that, I also heart that Pearl 2000 manage to have the build in "Effect Engine" to enable us to select the pattern (Shutter, gobo, color pattern) while in programming state. How could I do it in Rolacue Pearl 96 ?? Apologize for my bad description. :cry:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Sep 2004, 14:15

It is not possible to mix chases unfortunately.

The only solution is to create a new chase with both the pan/tilt and colours.

The shape generator is available in later software.
You need to email avo regarding software compatibility with your board as it is quite old.
The very latest (2004) software allows combining a shape (ie pan/tilt) along with a chase, however you may need to upgrade some hardware to use this.

Hope that helps,

Nic.

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2004, 01:51

Thanks to advice. I'm still having some confuse on how could we do a shutter chase + movement in avo with 1 playback. Example: If during the live show, we need to change the shutter pattern of the current playing chase (assume playing chase included shutter & movement), how should I do it? Do this mean we can edit the chase immediately during show running (with minor changes & fast edit) to catch up the on running event timing? Please advice me usually what is the preferred way to do this and allow us to edit directly without missing the suddenly event changes timing? Many thank in advance for your help & advice. :shock:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Sep 2004, 13:49

If you need flexibility, then the best way is to use 2 playbacks - one for the movement and one for the shutter chase. You would almost certainly want another as a dimmer for that particular fixture.

You can combine the two with the latest software, but this doesn't give you the option of having no movement at all.

Usually you can fit everything in to the 15 Playbacks if you are carefull.

If you need real flexibility then you can have all other attributes available on palettes (preset focuses), though it takes practice to work like this!

Good luck

Nic.