Tiger touch freeze

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jimclarke

Tiger touch freeze

Postby jimclarke » 29 Jan 2011, 21:19

Hello,
We are running a show with our tiger touch at the moment. Basic show with some Moving heads,led fixtures and a laser. We are running the latest Ver 4 software. Whilst browsing through the pages the desk froze. Not to be solved by a panel reset.

All we could've do was a warm reset on the desk.
So we ended up in a dark hall

Anybody had issues along thee lines ?

Kind regards,

Jim Clarke
Moonlight Productions
The Netherlands.
jimclarke

Postby jimclarke » 29 Jan 2011, 23:08

:cry: and again..
LJ-Jochem

Postby LJ-Jochem » 30 Jan 2011, 10:28

Yesterday encountered the same with an Expert V4.0. Completely out of the blue we had a loss of preset faders 31 to 60 and the complete right rollerpages. To solve this we had to re-load the show. As a result of this some leds blinked the rest of the show.
Without light, it's just radio...

Pearl Expert Titan
HP2310ti Touch Screen
Pearl Tiger
www.Brothers.nl
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 Jan 2011, 12:43

Sounds like a nightmare on both counts.

To the OP: If at all possible I think it would help to get the fastest resolution if you are able to collect the logs from the console and send them along with a copy of the showfile to software (at) avolites.com. The 'log collector' function is available from the VDU Tools menu. It might also be useful to give any further details you can remember - for example, which workspaces you were paging through, whether they had any picture legends and what the console was running at the time.

@Jochem: I'm not sure you have the same problem as the symptoms and solution are quite different. I wonder if it's a hardware issue? Again, there's no harm in collecting the logs but I fear you might have to consider the possibility that this is somehow related to your touch screen. Are there any clues in Windows Event Viewer? (Control Panel/Administrative Tools)
LJ-Jochem

Postby LJ-Jochem » 30 Jan 2011, 13:50

Nic,

I will have a look, but I don't think this has something to do with the touchscreen :wink: We did yesterday an upgrade from V3+ to V4.0 and within 3 hours we encountered the problems. With V3+ we had no problems at all with the TS. But maybe, could be a possibility. I will dive into the viewer and see if I could find something to send.

Will you attending the Prolight + sound in Frankfurt? If so, we probably meet there :)
Without light, it's just radio...

Pearl Expert Titan

HP2310ti Touch Screen

Pearl Tiger

www.Brothers.nl
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 Jan 2011, 14:36

Somehow I knew you'd say that!

Just guessing. Could be many things and I wouldn't like to speculate further. But I've been running v4 Expert on shows for around 3 months and it's been solid as a rock.

Unfortunately don't think I'll be able to be at Frankfurt.
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 31 Jan 2011, 11:09

Jochem - can you email your showfile and logs to emma@avolites.com please?
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
sdhartog

Postby sdhartog » 17 Feb 2011, 19:01

Seems that our problem is solved by a clean software install and not connecting any external tools (monitor, mouse and keyboard).

Many thanks Avolites for your time and quick help to solve this problem! :D

Last saterday's show with the Tiger Touch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJVRJpdYxo

Kind regards,

Sybren
Moonlight Productions
Netherlands