Any feedback on Titan Mobile

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

rabeiler

Any feedback on Titan Mobile

Postby rabeiler » 29 Jan 2011, 02:39

Hi all, new to this forum. Seriously looking at purchasing a Titan Mobile. Got a quote today from the new US distributor. Spent some time at LDI checking one out in Vegas last year. Would love the Tiger Touch, but outside of my available budget. Already have laptop and two 15" touch screens.

If I am a decent HOG3 programmer, will I be happy/sad? Wish there was an offline editor - but understand that is on the roadmap. Looking for something that gives me a flexible system to take into a variety of venues - mostly for live music.

Any inputs much appreciated.
Ross Beiler
Freelance Designer
Ephrata Performing Arts Center
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 30 Jan 2011, 23:31

Hi Ross,

Glad you're looking at Titan :) There is indeed an offline editor due out very soon!

The most fair comparison would honestly be between a Tiger Touch and a Hog III - the Titan Mobile is incredibly powerful but as a Wing/PC combination may be slightly more fiddly to program. With a touch screen though it will make it a lot easier. Obviously though the TT is more money, and if your budget won't stretch, then the Titan Mobile gives you exactly the same software, same universe capacity and features etc for a fraction of the price.

Of course, I would say this as the Avo trainer, but as a lot of the training I do is for people with Hog II/III or MA experience, I can honestly say it has gone down really well with traditionally non-Avo people too :) The layout and views work in a similar way to the Hog too, so I think you'll like. It's super easy to setup for clubs, corporate or live shows too - you can either cue stack to your hearts content or lay stuff out on the playback/fixture page as flash buttons and keep your faders for busking. Entirely to you!!
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
rabeiler

Postby rabeiler » 31 Jan 2011, 03:09

Thanks Emma - I will be ordering the Mobile tomorrow (or as soon as I get the final quote). I have two old 15" touch screens right now. I will probably look at upgrading to a single 19" touch screen. Are there specific models or styles that are certified with Titan software or can I pretty much go with what I want?

Thanks,
Ross
Ross Beiler

Freelance Designer

EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 31 Jan 2011, 10:29

For the Expert and Tiger Touch we have 2 supported models, but for the Titan Mobile, as long as the touch screen is supported by your laptop and operating system you should be fine.
Emma Thompson

Training and Events

Avolites
rabeiler

Postby rabeiler » 31 Jan 2011, 13:53

Any issues with the Titan Mobile supporting Windows 7 32 bit? How about Windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks,
Ross
Ross Beiler

Freelance Designer

EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 31 Jan 2011, 15:44

Windows 7 32bit and 64bit both fine
Emma Thompson

Training and Events

Avolites
rabeiler

Postby rabeiler » 10 Feb 2011, 02:25

My Titan Mobile (ordered through CSL dealer in PA) is scheduled to arrive in the stocking order for CSL. Hoping to have it before the end of the month. I have a show on March 5 that I would love to use it with. I can't wait.

Ross
Ross Beiler

Freelance Designer

ZwartLichtPro

Postby ZwartLichtPro » 14 Feb 2011, 20:15

About the offline editor.. i think avolites is gonna make a big mistake by not implanting support for artnet to something like Castlight Wysiwyg. So will it only work with the avolites editor?
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 17 Feb 2011, 13:50

The offline editor will work with all 12 lines of dmx over artnet... if you are pre-programming using wysiwyg you will have no issues, we have created a dmx spoiler to send random dmx every few minutes so you can't use it during a live show, but you can program away to your hearts content with any visualiser you can use via artnet.
Emma Thompson

Training and Events

Avolites
ZwartLichtPro

Postby ZwartLichtPro » 28 Feb 2011, 15:23

thats perfect!

I'm glad to hear that!

When we can expect it?
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 28 Feb 2011, 16:07

We're aiming for the end of March :)
Emma Thompson