Pearl 2004 bug?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

bcoleman

Pearl 2004 bug?

Postby bcoleman » 27 Sep 2004, 00:30

I just loaded the 2004 software into our 2000. So far it seems to be better, I like the text names for attributes. I have only locked the board up twice today while playing with it. First problem that I seem to be having is with 2 CP stage light 300's. Every now and then the attributes get screwed up. It seems to be in the personality. There are no names for the colors or gobos in the personality but when I was playing I went to the Select attribute softkey and suddenly I have a sub menu for the colors. Thinking this was cool I played with that but then discovered that my pan and tilt didn't work and attributes were coming up on the wrong buttons, ie gobos in the effects and no focus any more. I have to hit reset to get the attributes to work correctly again. That was the second time I had trouble with the Select attribute softkey. The very first time I used it after the update the desk froze up. My only other gripe is how can I modify a personality to give me color and gobo names? We have 2 new Elekralite 575 heads, the personalities are available but the colors are only color 1, color 2, etc. I would really much rather have the color name there instead. Thank in advance, so far the 2004 software has eased my desire to have a hog 2 :D

Postby Guest » 27 Sep 2004, 14:12

The Clay Paky Stage Light 300s don't have range tables for the attribute wheels, but they do have named palettes for the colours and gobos which are automatically imported both onto the flash keys as before, but also now as a table as well.

I can't reproduce the trouble with attributes coming up in the wrong places, but if you happen to encounter it again, then let me know and I'll try to fix any problems with the personality that may be causing this. I'll keep looking out for it.

For the MY575's, the only DMX spec that was available when I wrote the personalities had no specific colour information, only generic names. If you want to e-mail me the right names for each colour attribute I'll gladly update the ones in our library (both .r20 and .d4). For the record, these can also be updated yourself in a text editor. Towards the bottom of the file you'll see a number of lines saying things like
0 15 "Colour 1"
16 30 "Colour 2"
and so on.

The part in quotes can be updated, so long as no more than 10 characters are used.

Can you e-mail me the information to philip@___REMOVE__THIS___avolites.com

-----------------------------------------------
Software Development,
Avolites Ltd.
bcoleman

Thanks

Postby bcoleman » 27 Sep 2004, 14:56

I am going to reload the personalities today with some fresh copies. I am also going to make a cache disk with all of the lights that I use and see how that works. This time I will pay closer attention to what I am doing to see how it works. As for the MY575, I have no problem with setting the color names up myself, I will also forward all of that for anyone else who would like that info too. Thanks
Ben
bcoleman

Postby bcoleman » 29 Sep 2004, 01:24

Heres the update. I discovered that it is the personality that was making some things weird. I went in and changed a few things and most of the problems are taken care of. The attribute thing really wasn't an attribute but a table and now I understand more about that and how they are set up in the personality. The one thing that I still am not sure of is how to exit the tables selection. Once I select a table I still cannot select a standard attribute. I have to go back to the select an attribute or table softkey and then select any attribute to be able to use anything else. Is this just how it is or am I doing something wrong? I can't even clear the programmer when I am in the tables "mode". The only other thing I have noticed is an "E" under the screen number no matter what screen on the LCD I am in. Not sure if this means anything or not.
Ben
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Sep 2004, 02:09

Hi Ben,

The 'E' in the display is a Bus Error.

Switch key to System, press Softkey A (Service) followed by Softkey C (Display Bus Errors) and see what's listed.
Clear the errors on exiting.

The 'Attributes and Tables' screen is automatically displayed whenever an attribute is selected which has a 'PFTABLE' defined in the personality. These are commonly a list of useful colours in CMY or RGB fixtures and can be selected with the wheel.

You should still be able to select other attributes - just not be able to see the values on the LCD. To get back to the main screen (1), press [view], softkey A.

If the 'E' reappears then there is either a hardware fault or something still very wrong with your personalities which may explain the strange problems you are experiencing.

Best of luck!

Nic