Azure 2000/Shadow

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Luminous Lights

Azure 2000/Shadow

Postby Luminous Lights » 21 Jan 2011, 05:53

Any plans for a new software upgrade soon? Very keen to learn what the marco button does!
Also what is the USB socket for? (I can't find anything about it in the user manual.)
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 21 Jan 2011, 10:09

There won't be any Azure updates I am afraid, we no longer produce them. The Macros are fixture commands, things like lamp on/off, reset etc.

The software we are focussing all our energy on is Titan on the Tiger Touch, Expert, Titan Mobile, D4 and soon Sapphire Touch.
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
Luminous Lights

Postby Luminous Lights » 22 Jan 2011, 04:43

Even the Shadow?
That's a shame! The Azure has the same power as a HogII, but half the weight, size and price. It's a great product it just needs to be expanded!

Sorry if I sound a bit miffed, but I only bought the console new two years ago for a similar price of a new small car in Australia, and the Titan Mobile didn't exist then!
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 24 Jan 2011, 11:50

Yes, the Shadow and Azure touch run the same software I'm afraid. It was, and still is, a great desk, and still commonplace in the world of clubs, but like I say, we're focussing all our efforts on Titan.

Sorry there's not more positive news I can give you, but if you do get the chance to use a Titan desk I'm sure you'll love it :)
Emma Thompson

Training and Events

Avolites
Luminous Lights

Postby Luminous Lights » 25 Jan 2011, 09:43

I wish I had bought a completed product as it feels rushed.
Luminous Lights

Postby Luminous Lights » 02 Feb 2011, 02:47

http://avolitesshop.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1238

http://avolitesshop.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1136

It is an obvious bug with the board. Even my monitor screen tells me it is a bug waiting to be fixed. I am not asking for anything extra, just what is on the board and I was told would be fixed. As the console was sold with a macro button and a USB port it is understandable that customers would expect they actually work. If it was any other console or a personality library file it would be considered standard maintenance. You should immediately install all working components on all Shadow consoles that you currently sell new.

It is unacceptable and I will be writing letters of complaint to as many stage lighting organisations and government and private consumer groups explaining my situation and asking for advice until the situation is resolved.
The customer is always right.
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 02 Feb 2011, 10:22

I am sorry you feel short changed but I am pretty certain that you would not have been sold the Azure under the pretense that the USB port works or will ever work. It is fairly standard practice in the electronics industry for manufacturers to include additional hardware which may not ever function to try and future proof the product.

We as a company have to focus our efforts though on what our customers and the industry is demanding. The Azure console is not capable of supporting the latest functions which are expected of a modern lighting console. That is why we have chosen to focus on Titan which can deliver what is expected by our customers.

Regrettably this means we will not be releasing future versions of the Azure software as I stated in the post you linked to.

If you are still not happy then please do take the time to contact one of our sales team and I am sure they would be happy to go through the options with you.
Avolites Software Team