Titan Feature Requests

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

stephlight

Re: Titan Feature Requests

Postby stephlight » 29 Dec 2016, 08:07

Hello,
It would be interesting that Fade, Delay and Overlap can use Layout and Directions used for Shapes.

Thanks
Enjoy your AVOLife

Stéphane
chrisletens

Postby chrisletens » 06 Jan 2017, 19:32

Being able to keep running the show while saving the show...
I personally think this is the thing Avolites should concentrate on before everything else!!!
stephlight

Postby stephlight » 16 Jan 2017, 22:46

Hello,
It would be interesting to have a function to suppress the redundant values ​​of a Cue by contribution to the previous Cues of the Cues List.
In contrast, a second option to add in a cue of a Cues List the values ​​of attributes not present in the Cue for the Fixtures recorded in this Cue.

Thanks
Enjoy your AVOLife

Stéphane
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 03 Feb 2017, 05:38

I think this might already have been mentioned, but I would like to have the possibility to change the virtual playbacks into either a fader or next & previous buttons aswell. Than I could save size and speed for effects on that virtual fader and colour or positions on the virtual buttons and step forward and backwards. It would give me more freedom and opportunities and also save my other playbacks. It would be perfect to save small changes.

Thanks!
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 03 Feb 2017, 19:50

I would also like to have the possibility to fade between pages. Like, for example, if I have Playback 1 activated on Page 1 and than move to Page 2 where Playback 3 is activated it will fade between those pages and playbacks. So the playbacks on the page you're at or move to is higher priority and takes over the earlier page and playbacks. If it makes sense? There must be a Option Window for it where you can set fade and delay timings and also adjust if the fading is for all playbacks or just some, because sometimes you want a playback to be untouched. It would also be good if the fade function was as a macro you can hit when you want it to fade To the page you're at. I hope you understand. It's just some ideas, but it would really be amazing!
Thanks!
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 04 Feb 2017, 12:16

Another thing I would like to be improved is the pixel mapper. It would be good if I could create rainbow effect and had the possibility to have more colours on each layer and if there where like a countdown up & down and you just could set the time. Just some ideas!
bercic

Postby bercic » 08 Feb 2017, 12:40

It would be nice to be able to select fixtures in capture visualizer by clicking on them, or dragging across multiple.
bercic

Postby bercic » 11 Feb 2017, 19:41

hi there.

so I saw a neat little trick on a recent avolites webinar video, where, when programming a cue , you could set different fade times to fixtures using button syntax time/fixture/1/thro/10.

i think its a fabulous feature and it would be nice to add it to live busking, in a way like now you can hit a number before a palet and you get a fade. it could be something like 1/thro/10 and and at the end a pallet.
olloboy

Postby olloboy » 12 Feb 2017, 18:02

Hi,

It would be nice to have Cue list worskpace, as we're using Avolites in theatre and soetimes it hurt my eyes looking at small Expert's screen. I would love to have it on externel monitor where i could set bigger legends for cues, see what times are set for fades, delays, etc.

Thanks!

Nic - this already exists with Playback View (VIEW/<select cue list handle>)
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 19 Feb 2017, 18:41

Hiding user number on playback buttons.

Because of the user number, sometimes I can't read long legends on my playbacks.
bercic

Postby bercic » 22 Feb 2017, 09:13

Hi there. i know this is a big one, but maybe its time to add the width function to the shapes and effects, where instead of different size functions like 1:1 , 2:1 or 3:1 you could just select rect. pulse and adjust the width of it as it fits you to the number of lights that you have. i know you can make this in the key frame generator but in my opinion it takes much more time.

also i would add the option of any shape on any fixture attribute not just the ones that fit the attribute.
Quidam

Postby Quidam » 01 Mar 2017, 16:37

Playback masks - as in being able to apply a specific mask to an existing playback/cue.

On another, well known system, you can do this by basically selecting fixtures and modifying attributes, then record a mask in the mask pool (kinda like you would add a new palette in the palette window). The mask contains selected fixtures and whatever attribute has been modified in the programmer.
Then you can simply press assign - touch the mask you want - touch an existing playback and voilà, your playback output is now limited to the mask you applied on it - until you decide to remove it, of course (which is done by assigning a totally transparent mask to the pb, actually).

But that's a whole new feature so :

The Off function is of course *very* close to that but
1) It would be nice to be able to use it in a fast way ; some kind of Off/On palettes we could readily apply to playbacks, maybe ?
2) at the moment, the 'On' feature is buried too deep to be able to quickly revert back to the full playback (you have to open the cue, select all cells, then select 'On'... or am I missing an easiest way ?).

So... Well, I would already be very happy with just 'On' options added to the Off Menu (Selected fixtures ON, ON Playback Values, Attributes ON).
Edit : and/or Avo+Off could bring an On menu ?

Thanks
Last edited by Quidam on 09 Apr 2017, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Quidam

Postby Quidam » 18 Mar 2017, 01:36

- Being able to use the Overlap function on delays instead of fades.

- A way to apply a range of values to multiple cells in the spreadsheet views.
For example : Let's say I have an intensity cue with nine fixtures that I want to offset.
I'd like to be able to go to my cue view window to see the times used in it, select the whole column of all fixtures dimmer delay times and type '1 thru 5 thru 1'. This would set the fixtures delay times to, successively, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 seconds.
Although I used the delay overlap example here again, this is a separate feature request, as it could be useful in a widely more general manner.
bercic

Postby bercic » 19 Mar 2017, 18:30

-cross-fade in and out masters.

been talking to light guys from our national theater, and they mentioned that the current crossfade system is not optimal, because sometimes you want different fade in and out curves. a good solution would be the good old 2 fader system. in a way where you could assign them as any (Grand, rate, bpm) other master and later on connect cue lists from other playbacks onto them.
cheers
Quidam

Postby Quidam » 01 Apr 2017, 00:25

A 'Masters' workspace window, where we could see all active or simply all existing Masters, especially scale/intensity masters actively altering the output.

Other, non-exclusive options would be
- showing them in the 'Active Playbacks' window
- using a 'SCALED' watermark on the intensity wheel and/or in the Intensity View and/or Channel Grid

Related request : at the moment, the only way to have an accurate depiction of the output is looking at the DMX view, as Intensity View and Channel Grid does not account for Scale Masters. Scaled fixtures still appears as, respectively, 'FL' or 100,00. Hence the watermak suggestion. I also reckon there could be scenarios when you don't want to have those views altered by this kind of info, so... A toggle option in contextual menu, maybe ?

Thanks

--
Note : May I add that I second Bercic's request in the previous post ? See my post from 22 Nov 2016 12:54