Howto program this effect??

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Aug 2011, 20:03

You can certainly use a custom shape to get the white regardless of base colour. See Additive and subtractive shapes in the tips thread. For snapping effects something along the lines of the factory 'step up' or 'step down' patterns (for RGB and CMY respectively).

Create a separate custom shape for the shutter to get a closed effect from an open origin. Whether this is additive or subtractive will depend on the fixture but subtractive would be the more common (closed at zero). Size can be varied to get the correct offset.

In both shapes the ratio of no offset to offset is probably the most important part. This is also one reason why a single shape would not be suitable since all the attributes for a given shape must use the same pattern.

Combine the two shapes with identical speeds. Set fader to control speed and Bob's your auntie.

Doing this will give you options to spread across fixtures (make use of fixture order) with variable speed and guarantee white from any base colour.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 02 Sep 2011, 21:32

Cool. Now for an additional feature request: it would be cool if we could combine multiple attributes in one shape so you don't have timing problems and there's no need to use two seperate shapes.

Come to think of it... a circle is already made up out of both pan and tilt, so isn't there a possibility already; or do all parameters have to live inside the same attribute group? I wonder what the design consideration was when they made Group an attribute of the Shape element, instead of a child <Groups> element with <Group> elements inside that. I use XML quite often in my regular job and tend to use as little attributes as possible unless it's things like names or id's of which you know for sure there will be one and just one now and in the future.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Sep 2011, 22:10

I don't think groups affect anything.

You can use as many attributes as you want within a shape including ones that are from different groups. Each attribute can have its own size, speed and offset. The limitation is only one pattern can be applied to all the attributes in a given shape.