Some remarks on the Pearl 2004 v1 software

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

dj

Some remarks on the Pearl 2004 v1 software

Postby dj » 13 Sep 2004, 11:18

I've just had my first 2 shows on a Pearl and since I'm new to the Pearl I started with the 2004 v1 software. Well everything went great and I enjoyed playing with the Pearl :) .

But I still have some questions/bugs/remarks that I have noticed.

1) I think it is a bug. Situation : I'm running with user settings record by channel, auto-palettes yes and palette pages yes. I'm making my shared palettes for the show. I first recorded a set of palettes numbered between 1 en 30, this by using the Preset Add buttons. These work fine.
Then when I try to store a shared palette numbered between 30 en 60 by selecting page 1-- and again using the Preset Add buttons.
Then when I use these palettes they only work for the one fixture I programmed the palette with. So they are supposed to be shared palettes but they aren't.
As I workaround I stored the palette by entering the number and then they react like shared palettes.

2) Also a palette related question. When I patch fixtures and use the preset palettes, what happens if I use multiple fixtures ? Are there then multiple shared palettes below the same number ? And will the Pearl use the correct one for the fixture I've selected. And what happens if I've got auto-palettes on and have no fixture installed, will the correct shared preset palette be applied to the correct fixture ?

3) Related to question 2. If it does the "right" thing how do I do the same when palettes I create myself ? Create a shared a palette for 1 fixture type and then save the shared palette for the second fixture type on the same palette number ?

Thanks,
Tim
niclights

Postby niclights » 14 Sep 2004, 01:00

Hi Tim,

1) - Sounds like it! Can't believe I haven't spotted that..

2) - Long time since I've used default palettes but, yes, the shared palette for each fixture type should stack on top of each other. Again, yes, the correct one will be used - only the palette(s) relevant to the selected fixtures(s) will recall.
Not sure what you mean by 'installed', but if you mean no fixtures selected then palettes will recall for ALL types stored. ie if you have a shared palette
'open white' for every type of fixture stored on P1 then recalling with no fixtures selected will cause all fixtures to go to white (assuming attribute is set to Dimmer or Colour)

3) - Yep!

Note you can also recall for particular fixtures by 'Filtering'

I have found it useful to only store one fixture type/attribute per palette. This means you recall very fast without worrying about selecting fixtures/attributes - just leave attribute on 'dimmer'.

Hope that helps,

Nic.