Mode 2

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nick509

Mode 2

Postby nick509 » 30 May 2010, 07:35

We have a Pearl 2004, but i believe when we sent it in for repair it got upgraded to 2008.

My question is with storing memories using Mode 2. I have been told by numerous LD's that come to our venue and an Avo tech that I can control strobe speed, pan/tilt values, gobo rotate speed, etc on a playback by saving it in mode 2. I have tried multiple times and cannot seem to get it to work properly. I am saving to the playbacks by channel rather than by fixture, is this correct?

Thank you very much

-Nick
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 30 May 2010, 11:26

To create variable value playback for one parameter, you should use record by channel mode - that is correct.
You set desired parameter values, for example, pan/tilt position, then hit record, switch to record by channel, set mode to 2 (or you can do that later from edit times menu) and store it on any playback. Now change pan/tilt values to any other than saved - by rising some playbacks, using palletes or just with wheels. Now, if you start rising that mode2 playback, fixture pan/tilt values should start changing towards the stored values and as soon as you rise fader to the top, fixtures should hit the exact position. Lowering playback should bring fixture positions back to those before firing mode2 playback.

Also - ability to control parameters with mode2 playback depends on your fixture personality file - you can't control some parameters this way.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 May 2010, 13:18

Some things to add:

Make sure you press <enter> after setting mode 2. As with all times settings in Classic software you need to press enter to store, otherwise it forgets.

This only works with attributes that are set to fading. This is defined in the fixture personality file but can be overridden in patch utilities set/reset instant/fade. Ideally you need a VDU connected to see what is happening. Commonly it is the shutter attributes that are set to instant by default and need changing.
nick509

Postby nick509 » 31 May 2010, 02:15

Thanks I'll take a look into those solutions.

I appreciate your help.