which touchscreen do u use?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

mr macro

which touchscreen do u use?

Postby mr macro » 27 May 2010, 20:28

Planing to invest in a touchscreen for my expert running titan v3.any leads on one that works well and dont cost an arm and leg?

Im guessing there wont be a problem using a touchscreen with titan?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 May 2010, 20:55

Be aware that this will involve installing drivers on your console that could cause problems.
mr macro

Postby mr macro » 27 May 2010, 21:21

maybe this is something that avolites should look into.testing a few screens and drivers,and give us a list of allowed screens to use.it might be a good idea since other manufacturers do this.this would speed up programing alot.iknow the touch wing is intended for this (on my way to order one) but 2 screens is alot more realestate.I mean now that we have all the fancy new workspace windows and gui why not make use of it and make it competitive to all the other consoles with lets say 3 inbuilt touchscreens + 3 more external touchscreen.. :lol:
Funmaker

Postby Funmaker » 28 May 2010, 09:23

We do use a Elo touchscreen, no problems so far with the screen and the drivers...
Raving on my heartbeat
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 28 May 2010, 11:30

We are looking into it don't you worry :) however for the next few weeks we've got V3 plus to get out for you all.
As for 6 touch screens - it sounds like you want to build yourself a fort around your lighting console! You'd never be able to see the stage! However, there are plans afoot for our next console...
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 29 May 2010, 21:46

I have recently found 23' touchscreen with very great price - Acer T230H. we are considering to get it for our expert but in case of any problems, it will be used for media server.
any comments on this touchscreen, maybe someone have already used it?
mr macro

Postby mr macro » 31 May 2010, 14:13

emma:

no fort building in mind,just speedy programing :D just did a programming session on a different console (a german one with a 2 in its name) 6 screens,saw the stage perfect so no worries :)

whats up with V3 plus,please tell me some more!
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 01 Jun 2010, 15:02

I have recently found 23' touchscreen with very great price - Acer T230H.

This touch screen requires Windows 7 and the consoles use an XP derivative.
Avolites Software Team
nrdgnr

Postby nrdgnr » 16 May 2011, 13:06

i have Acer T230H too and i install a hp driver for this monitor , ( cause HP Compaq L2105tm driver woking well on xp for acer t230H)

When I touch the Acer monitor, the cursor appears on internal touch screen of tiger touch and moves according to the motion of my finger on the Acer monitor.

is there any calibration or settings for this?
MickMurray

Touch screen

Postby MickMurray » 17 May 2011, 13:23

I have a tiger touch on v4 was wondering if the TT touch screen is available as a desktop option (from whoever makes them) and if there are compatible drivers / drivers built in. I want to get 2nd touch screen but have the same feel as the built in one, so far the built in one seems to perform way better than any elo screens i've used in the past. Alternatively what is the type / spec of the screen i.e is it resistive / capacitive etc is it multi touch etc. what spec would i need to get similar touch results?
ljmartijnw

Postby ljmartijnw » 17 May 2011, 20:23

Is it possible to hook up a touchscreen without having to do the hardware upgrade?
Off course I need the software of the touchscreen.
john rogers

Re: Touch screen

Postby john rogers » 18 May 2011, 12:34

MickMurray wrote:Alternatively what is the type / spec of the screen i.e is it resistive / capacitive etc is it multi touch etc. what spec would i need to get similar touch results?

Hi Mick, the screens in the Tiger Touch are resistive, and are not multi-touch.

HTH
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 19 May 2011, 13:00

We have tested and used iiyama touch screens at various trade shows. The drivers for the 15", 17" and 19" monitors are installed with the Titan v4.0 recovery CD/USB stick. Please note that the 22" widescreen monitor is not compatible with our consoles. We have also successfully tried the NEC MultiSync® LCD195VXM+. Other touch screen monitors may work however installing any drivers or hardware has the potential to make the console unstable or crash. If the HP driver does not include a calibration utility it may not be possible to use this monitor, for a monitor to work the drivers must support calibrating the monitor as a secondary display. Unfortunately it is not possible to support all touch screens and it is possible that manufacturers may change hardware or drivers so that even those mentioned above will no longer work.