titan and trackspots

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

pixilpusher

titan and trackspots

Postby pixilpusher » 26 Feb 2010, 02:42

Hey Guys,

I'm touring with a pearl expert running titan.. and I'm having trouble with the club trackspots. All attributes respond except for pan/tilt.. which move very, very slow. Could this be an issue with fine pan/tilt? If so, how do I resolve this issue?

Cheers,

Matt
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 26 Feb 2010, 07:14

Don't think it's fine pan/tilt. Do those spots have a speed setting? Sounds like the speed setting is set to a low value and therefore the spots themselves make every pan/tilt movement slow.
muvment

Postby muvment » 26 Feb 2010, 10:09

Trackspots default to a 0 on the motor speed setting (I think its channel 6). Either locate them once, or take that setting to max and never touch it again, nor program with it. Anything below 90 is pretty pointless on it because it will take minutes to move to a new point (and not smoothly).

Alternatively, invert that channel so its always at max, and never hit the locate button with it.
Muvment Lighting
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 26 Feb 2010, 21:18

muvment wrote:Trackspots default to a 0 on the motor speed setting (I think its channel 6). Either locate them once, or take that setting to max and never touch it again, nor program with it. Anything below 90 is pretty pointless on it because it will take minutes to move to a new point (and not smoothly).

Alternatively, invert that channel so its always at max, and never hit the locate button with it.

Or alter the personality and set the default value for that channel to a different value.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Feb 2010, 23:06

The personality is wrong. Power on and locate both set the Mspeed channel to 2, which is very slow.

I have put in a bug report.

With the existing personality you should set the speed to 0% (keep turning wheel clockwise) for full speed.
pixilpusher

Postby pixilpusher » 27 Feb 2010, 18:33

hey guys.. thank you for your quick response. fortunately, i was able to resolve the motor speed issue before the show. hope this discussion will help some one else out down the road.

-matt