Some new Titan requests

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 18 May 2010, 15:09

(iCe) wrote:Ah, I was already wondering how the wing would operate with only a single VGA output on the console. I assume the upgrade will involve a second output? And the wing is then hooked up via VGA and USB?

Currently the wing uses two additional outputs - one feeds video from LVDS and one combined usb and power. Or something along those lines. The external VGA remains unaffected.

(iCe) wrote:There used to be the default preset pallets, but there is no such option now, right?

Yes there is.

(iCe) wrote:After doing another show, I would really like for this option to return

Why not just run in program mode? Works for me.

(iCe) wrote:Is there a way to set the timings for a chase for all steps at once? I created some bumps and forgot the timings. So I needed to edit each chase and then set the step times manually for each step. I know there's global timings which I still have to look into properly, but that's console wide, right?

Global is not console wide. It's just within a particular cue. So you can just set that. Or for setting a value for more than one step at once you can use the right-hand wheel to widen the selection. Or you could do it via the screens - View the playback and then drag a marquee select over the fields you want to change and input the number!
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 29 May 2010, 22:16

One request for upcoming software:
window options isn't saved together with workspace.
For example, if I set 'Channel Grid' window to display 'Programmer' values only instead of 'Output', then save workspace, close all windows and recall saved workspace, it shows 'Output' values again.
Would be nice if workspace recall opened window with options as they were at moment of saving.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 May 2010, 02:47

Are you sure this doesn't work already?
When you store a workspace it should remember all windows/positions and context settings. I have two workspaces doing exactly the same as your example and they recall correctly.
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 30 May 2010, 11:35

Will check again.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, this is how I do it - channel grid window on bottom part, attribute editor on top part of monitor, then I set options to show programmer, hit view > store > gray pallete button on upper row (usually 51st-60th pallete place). Shift + F5 to close all windows, recall workspace with gray pallete button and channel grid window is back to Output option.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 May 2010, 22:18

To confirm I tried repeating with your example on 3.0 and it works ok for me.

However, I did discover there is a problem:
Where there is a playback or fixture stored on the associated handle the grey key functions as a flash and ignores the workspace. This also made me think there needs to be a key profile definition for workspaces.
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 03 Jun 2010, 19:55

Yes - it works! :)
My apologies...