Help!

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Mzx

Help!

Postby Mzx » 06 Sep 2004, 14:07

Could anyone explain to me:i can control 5 fixtures as well as normal,but after i saved it in memory and raised the fader,it just light one?

And:what the means when view the patch via "view" key,it shows "park" in one handle?

thx!
Low_ID

Postby Low_ID » 06 Sep 2004, 20:20

In the 1st. question : too few parameters to know what can be happening, I'm afraid.

About the 2nd one, it can be interesting to use the "Search" tool while reading the manuals:

Glossary for PARK in the Pearl 2000/2004 manual
This happens to a fixture when its DMX address is taken by another fixture during a later patching session. The fixture must then be repatched.

Chapter 2.2 EDIT on the Pearl 2000/2004 manual
2.2.1 Changing the DMX address of a fixture

You can re-patch a fixture to a different DMX address or a different DMX output line. All programming is kept.

1> Press Patch (if you’re not already in Patch mode).
2> Press E [Repatch Fixtures].
3> Use the numeric keypad to enter the new DMX address of the fixture. If you want to change the DMX output line, press E [Select a DMX line] and choose a new output line by pressing A B C or D.
4> Press the handle swop button for the fixture to patch that fixture at the new address.
5> Press Enter to confirm the change.
6> Repeat from step 3 if you want to change other fixtures.

• If the new DMX address was already used by another handle, the fixture or dimmer on that handle will be "PARKED". All programming for the handle is preserved, but you need to patch it to a new DMX address using the above procedure before you can use it again. If you view the fixture patch as described above, the display will show "PARK".
Low_ID
Mzx

More

Postby Mzx » 06 Sep 2004, 23:29

thanks for reply the question two,i have been repatch it.

about question one,i can control those 5 fixtures on or off and moving etc. via wheel and attribute before i saved it,but after saved it has only one fixture can be on,and just one fixture shows on LCD,it seems as if i only saved one fixture.
niclights

Postby niclights » 07 Sep 2004, 13:22

Two possiblilities I can think of:

Only information in the programmer will be recorded. This is denoted by a 'm' between the handle number and value in the LCD screen.

example:
01mFL shows fixture on handle one is at full in the programmer

01-50 shows fixture on handle one is at 50% but NOT in the programmer.

Pressing [Clear] at any point prior to recording will remove all data from the programmer.

Even if an attribute/fixture is already at the value you require, you need no nudge it slightly to bring it into the programmer ('m') if you want it recorded.

The other possibility is that you have recorded correctly as above, but have not pressed [clear] before testing the Playback. Values in the programmer cannot be overridden by Playbacks.

Hope that makes sense!

Nic.