Still have some questions about Titan and Timecode

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

melcu

Still have some questions about Titan and Timecode

Postby melcu » 23 Nov 2009, 21:15

Pearl Expert Titan v2.0

I am having trouble with Midi Timecode, it works but sometimes jumps from ten or something seconds back. It seems that I would need longer buffer time or something. I have tried different soundcards but th problem stays.
Right now timecode is coming from Cubase and M-Audio 1814 is playing it. Cable length about 1m.
User Settings has a Timecode Tab but its empty. Mayby there is a file that I can edit?

best regards,
melcu
melcu

Postby melcu » 26 Nov 2009, 12:38

The problem is still there. With internal Timecode, there are no problems.
But even if I send from Midi-Out to Midi-in from console itself, then it struggles to play timecode normally.
The show has to start with blackout and end with blackout, in the middle ... do your stuff!
melcu

Postby melcu » 30 Nov 2009, 14:44

I am still waiting for your oppinion.

One more thing, now when I use timecode on 24 fps, its pretty reliable. But it should be 25 fps. Pretty reliable means, one mistake per minute.

More mistakes happen when console has more to do.
The show has to start with blackout and end with blackout, in the middle ... do your stuff!
ruudboon

Re: Still have some questions about Titan and Timecode

Postby ruudboon » 11 Jun 2019, 05:39

Ever founded a solution? Seeing these issues also. Wondering if it has something to do with the 25 fps I'm using
icke_siegen

Re: Still have some questions about Titan and Timecode

Postby icke_siegen » 15 Jun 2019, 10:20

Don't know if reanimating a 10 year old thread and only referring to the old description is the best idea - in the meantime, many things have been changed and improved. Except from the very unlikely case that you're still running Titan 2.0, can you please try to explain the problem you are having? Concole, software version, timecode source, and thre issues you are encountering?