Pearl 2004 shapes BUG

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Paul

Pearl 2004 shapes BUG

Postby Paul » 02 Sep 2004, 11:10

Hi everybody,

I've updated our pearl 2004 with the new V1 and checked it. It seems that in the shapes generator when you try to scroll through using the softkeys "more" "back" starting at position 45 and further "more" is replaced by a shapes name en "more" switches with "back" but are still working like in the beginning. There also distorted characters in the names. I've already load a seperate "SG.dat" and results in the problem. Does anybody else have this problem and is it know at Avolites??

Thnx Paul.
AvolitesSoftwareTeam

RE: Pearl 2004 shapes BUG

Postby AvolitesSoftwareTeam » 03 Sep 2004, 12:29

Thanks for reporting this problem.

An error was accidentally introduced in the sg.dat shape file recently. This causes the shape names to be incorrectly formatted and produces corruption of the shape names in the shape selection menu. The problem is confined to the display and does not affect the playback or selection of shapes. Because the shape file is used in both the cache file and the aps.cmp file, patching from either the internal cache file or from a personality disk will produce the same problem.

Simply download the latest cache or personality files to fix the problem.

Postby Anzi » 14 Sep 2004, 10:19

Hmm.

I downloaded latest personalitys (appdisk 4&5). The SG.dat in both files contained the same sg.dat with date 6th Apr 2004. Is this the correct shape file?

I also discovered that in line 236 there was a extra CR/LF. Was this the problem you said that was fixed?
-Anzi-
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 16 Sep 2004, 09:58

The problem with the shape file was only in the cache files and not in the disks. The problem we were referring to was that a pipe symbol had been inserted and the Pearl uses the pipe symbol to indicate new screen section.
Avolites Software Team
Anzi

Postby Anzi » 16 Sep 2004, 10:23

Our desk was rented and the shape file was mysteriously missing so I loaded the shape file from sg.dat file.

I used my own cache file to load fixtures, how the wrong shape got there?
-Anzi-
Phil

Postby Phil » 16 Sep 2004, 10:56

The problem was actually caused by the cache builder - which we use ourselves to create our cache files, as well as allowing other people to create their own with it, so if you used that to create your own cache file then that will have had the same problem. The sg.dat file in the cache you put in the desk will have over-written the one you put in yourself.

We released a new cache builder last week that fixed that problem - your cache files should all work fine now - and also compesses 2004 compatible files better. This is available from our downloads website.
Anzi

Postby Anzi » 16 Sep 2004, 11:00

Ok, thanks..
-Anzi-