Titan show, going from V1.2 to 2.0

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

iadwm

Titan show, going from V1.2 to 2.0

Postby iadwm » 23 Oct 2009, 04:49

Hi,

What's going on here then?......

My default show loaded fine, but with just one little curiosity:
I have some colour shapes (Colour1 flick up), that worked fine in 1.2, they were set to 'size-fixed' and 'speed-fader' in Mode2.

When I was checking PB's, I noticed that the colour shapes appeared to be behaving as if size was also on the fader, even though it was still set to be fixed. After some playing around I changed the mode to 0 and it started working. It only affected the colour shape, no others....

Were mode options changed in V2.0 so it doesn't have to be set to 2 to be linked to the fader? If that's the case why was only the colour shape affected?

Also, is the Colour picker working? I've tried a few CYM fixtures but couldn't find the colour picker window? Or am I missing something obvious?

Finally, I've got Martin Punishers and Wizard Extremes patched, but they don't work in Vis, they appear, but don't work - this was the same in 1.2
I've reported this as a Pearl Expert Titan personality bug.

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan show, going from V1.2 to 2.0

Postby niclights » 23 Oct 2009, 12:51

iadwm wrote:Were mode options changed in V2.0 so it doesn't have to be set to 2 to be linked to the fader? If that's the case why was only the colour shape affected?

Correct. It will have affected everything. Perhaps it was just more obvious with the colour shape for some reason?
iadwm wrote:Also, is the Colour picker working? I've tried a few CYM fixtures but couldn't find the colour picker window? Or am I missing something obvious?

Is on VDU wheel view when colour mix attribute is selected.
iadwm wrote:Finally, I've got Martin Punishers and Wizard Extremes patched, but they don't work in Vis, they appear, but don't work - this was the same in 1.2
I've reported this as a Pearl Expert Titan personality bug.

Definitely personality fault. Either Titan personality doesn't know which .r20 file it corresponds to (when using auto-patch. you can confirm by right clicking in design and see if there's a fixture name or not), or the .vis file is wrong.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 25 Oct 2009, 13:14

Thanks Nic....

It was Wheel View I missed - clearly! The manual describes the picker as appearing automatically, so I thought it would appear over all existing windows.

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com