Expert Titan 'froze' ...twice

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

iadwm

Expert Titan 'froze' ...twice

Postby iadwm » 09 Sep 2009, 22:20

Just wanted to report that the Expert froze on me twice, within about half an hour. By froze, I mean it continued to output all running PB's, but on lowering they continued, firing new PB's wouldn't run and the GM had no effect.

At the time I didn't think to use the panel reset button, I just restarted the software and all returned to normal. The only thing I was doing at the time was giving some flash buttons a work out. The second time it happened, I don't recall doing anything unusual and this time after a few seconds it sorted itself out.

Is the a log file anywhere that would be helpful to someone (that would no what it means) ?

Should I be concerned? Or not worry an update to V1.2?

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
SL

Postby SL » 09 Sep 2009, 22:51

Did you have the auto-save on?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Sep 2009, 00:43

Obviously you should be concerned. I would be!

My guess is this was a problem with Panel Server since Titan continued to output. It's possible this would have resolved itself after a 1min timeout.

But I'm confused by that last part. Are you still running 1.1?
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 10 Sep 2009, 09:42

In all honesty, I can't remember if the Autosave was on or off, but I should have membered to check, as I also pointed that out to someone in another thread! ....You (SL) as it happens...!
I remember doing a manual save as I named the show. I'm not with the desk now, but will check later...

As for software version: that was me getting confused, I haven't been to Avo home page for a while and was looking for something and saw the download flag, just thought there was and update. I only noticed the date after posting.

I was concerned a bit, but I didn't see any need in ranting on here...
"this shouldn't happen...bla bla ". I almost expect software to play up now and then, especially with something relatively new.

Had it continued to play up for the rest of the event that would have a completely different matter! It didn't.

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Nick Forro

Postby Nick Forro » 10 Sep 2009, 12:30

I highly recommned that you load V1.2 into the desk.
This should sort this issue out.
Ideally you would download and make yourself a V1.2 recovery disk.
you can get this from the page below;

http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Downloa ... tTitan.stm

Running the recovery disk will format the drive and remove any potential viruses that may have got into the desk.
We recommend that users do this periodically to 'clean out' the hard drive.

Otherwise the work around for the original problem is to either have the virtual panel open or select a fixture and move the playback fader again to regain control of the locked up fader.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 14 Sep 2009, 20:52

I thought I was on 1.2 but after checking (properly) it turned out I wasn't !

But now I am....

Although, I still don't have control over LCD brightness and contrast, the options are grayed out....

Also, I went to try and name a Vis Theatre, but the keyboard wouldn't let me enter anything, I'm sure I read a 'how to' to get the keyboard to release to Windows but can't find it now, it was a very recent thread...

Any pointers?

Cheers,

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Sep 2009, 01:14

1.2 is most easily recognised by the change in colours in the HUD, for anyone else who might be in doubt.

Make sure you have updated panel software.
LCD contrast and brightness should be in system menu. When in Usb Console you must select screen panel on the left but there should be no need to use this any more.

For keyboard press escape.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 15 Sep 2009, 02:21

Thank you, all is fine....

The HUD display is much easier to read, although I'm not that keen on the colours!

Not having remembered all the notes for 1.2 I didn't look in System
...I know now.

I hadn't selected <screen panel>

Thought I had tried <escape> it seemed obvious (or I was just remembering that thread), either way, clearly I hadn't tried it as it it works just fine.

Thanks!

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 15 Sep 2009, 09:04

The HUD colours will change again in v1.3.
Avolites Software Team
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 15 Sep 2009, 11:45

LOL....

Or make them user definable?

It was in the release notes I read about the <escape> button for the keyboard...now that I've read them :wink:

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Sep 2009, 00:24

You can actually change them if you really want to. See "Pearl Expert Professional.exe.config" in the Titan Expert directory. Colours are defined near the bottom in hex. Edit at your own risk. Make a backup. etc. etc.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 16 Sep 2009, 01:09

Best not, eh?

Perhaps V1.3 will have a more invigorating gamut than Sandy Taupe...lol

Cheers,

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 17 Sep 2009, 08:42

The colours are chosen for their ease of use and quick recognition rather than there beauty. When you try to pick colours that look different on all monitors you would be surprised how few you have to choose from.
Avolites Software Team
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 17 Sep 2009, 21:59

Apologies (to the HUD designer).... I can't believe I am going on about the colours! It still all feels like luxury, after the 2004 display!

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com